Looking for an inexpensive way to add controllable LED light strips to your Control4 project without having an additional "hub" to manage or complicated DMX solution?
Solution: Nexlux Wi-Fi enabled LED strips and this Control4 driver.
Some quick background on the LED strips: They are shipped as an all in one a kit which includes a UL approved power adapter, discrete Wi-Fi controller, and a spool with 16.4ft of RGB LEDs. The black strips are also coated and perfect for "damp" installs like under a kitchen counter.
Please note, this purchase is only for the Control4 driver and does NOT include the actual LED strips.
Using our driver you have full control over standard lighting functions like:
- RGB control via our included RGB slider; adjust the color and white with one slider!
- Connections for binding to keypad buttons
- Play a large number preset transitions such as strobes and color changing
- Program specific colors using the Composer Pro color selector
- Red, Green, Blue and White sliders for independent color control
Although we have throughly tested with the Nexlux brand of controllers, it should also support the following:
- MagicLight WiFi RGB LED Controller
- MagicLight WiFi RGBW LED Controller
- Magic Hue WiFi RGB Controller
- Magic Hue WiFi RGBW Controller
- LEN RGB LED Strip Lights
- CHAREADA LED Strip Lights
- WenTop LED Light Strip
- Goldwin Smart WiFi Controller
- Miheal WiFi LED Light Strip
- Zombber WiFi LED Smart Controller RGB
- Zombber WiFi LED Smart Controller RGBW
- Aclorol WIFI Smart RGB LED Controller
- Konxie Smart WiFi RGB/GRB LED Controller
- Konxie Smart WiFi RGBW LED Controller
- HaoDeng WiFi Wireless LED Smart Controller
- LEDENET Smart WiFi LED Controller
- Aubric LED Wifi Controller
This driver integrates a Nexlux WiFi Enabled Light Strip into Control4. Please ensure the light is connected to the network and operating normally through the app before integrating into the control system.
NOTE: When using RGBW LED strips with independent white LEDs, power consumption will vary which is why there is a separate control just for white. Driving both the color and white LEDs too high may result in a fault on the light controller. Please use a power supply with an adequate enough Amp rating for your application.
- Add driver to project.
- Go to connections tab, then network, and enter the IP Address of the device.
- Go back to the driver and ensure the Status property says "Network - Online". If is doesn't, make sure the device is powered and connected to the network.
- Bind the color slider, if desired, for control over the full RGB spectrum. Note 100 percent signifies white.
- Refresh navigators.
**NOTE: If you do not have control at first, please use the Magic Home app to turn the lights on and then off, we have seen cases where they need to be "initialized" first and then work fine from Control4 onward.
Indicates status with the cloud.
Displays when a newer version of the driver is located in the cloud.
Indicates network connection status.
Last Received Network Data
Timestamp of when the driver last received data from the light.
Interval to poll the light for the current status.
Allows you to turn the display of debug messages in the lua output window ON or OFF.
Sets the light to the given RGB value.
Sets the light to the given white value.
Sets the light to the a preset pattern with a transition between 1-31.
Dimmer that encompasses the whole rgb spectrum in values ranging from 0-100.
Red Color Control
Dimmer that encompasses the whole red spectrum in values ranging from 0-100.
Green Color Control
Dimmer that encompasses the whole green spectrum in values ranging from 0-100.
Blue Color Control
Dimmer that encompasses the whole blue spectrum in values ranging from 0-100.
White Color Control
Dimmer that encompasses the whole white spectrum in values ranging from 0-100.
- Added toggle dimming ramping support for SR260/250
- Fixed issue with button links under Connections
- Added support for RGBW
- Added individual color slider bindings for independent rgb control
- Added device specific command for controlling color and brightness
- Removed color slider update notifications