* Now supporting RGB, RGBW, and RGBWW all via Control4's new color lighting proxy including temperature *
FREE Control4 drivers for the Axion Lighting DMX Controller. The only DMX controller specifically designed around the Custom Integration market as well as designed and manufactured in the USA! Sign up on their website for dealer discounts.
This is a commercial grade solution designed to deliver unparalleled reliability with a specific focus on the best possible control integration possible. Specifically, the solution gives full exposure of DMX devices in Control4, Crestron, Elan, URC, and RTI systems. The overall solution is designed to give our partners highly flexible, modular installation options that can grow as needs and preferences change.
The Axion DMX solution is primarily targeted at both tunable whites and RGB colors, but because it interacts using the DMX512 protocol it will also support many other commercial devices such as motors, lasers, smoke machines, and more.
The Axion DMX Lighting Controller enables you to fully control a DMX512 system via IP without the complexity of traditional expensive counterparts. It also delivers a more reliable solution compared to standard consumer Wi-Fi enabled individual lighting options.
Since the controller supports SDDP, you can either integrate via DHCP or assign the unit a static IP address.
- Compatible with all DMX512 lighting loads, including devices like lasers and smoke machines
- Individually addressable, reliable wired bus supports exact timing and dimming
- Auto Discovery via SDDP
- Supports connecting the driver to keypad buttons (with LED feedback), allowing for quick on/off/toggle programming
- Two-way feedback from the device.
- Trigger any of the pre-programmed color effects
Quick Start Guide
- Add the controller driver to project (or double-click on the device in the Discovered tab)
- If you didn’t use SDDP, enter the IP address under the Network section of the Connections tab.
- Add as many “Axion DMX Dimmer” drivers as you have independent lighting loads.
- EG: If you have a 3 channel DMX decoder controlling 3 individual white LED strips, you would add 3 dimmer drivers to control each independently.
- EG: If you have a 4 channel DMX decoder with 1 LED strip that has Red, Green, Blue and White, then you would just add 1 dimmer
- On the Dimmer driver, first enter the beginning DMX address of the device you are integrating.
- Then, select the type of device you are controlling from the drop down.
- For color control, you can either add 1 “Axion DMX Color Slider” to control both Red, Green, and Blue together, or you can add multiples to control each color amount separately. With this option the color sliders will be linked together and move as the dimming and color changes.
- For single color control, use the “Axion DMX Color Dimmer” which allows you to set a specific color and then control the brightness. This will give you an independent dimmer with reaction similar to normal Control4 or Lutron dimmers.
- Selecting “Custom” from the color drop down will expose discrete RGB values for you to enter.
- Click on connections
- Verify the Axion DMX Control connection is bound to your Dimmer drivers
- Verify the Axion DMX Dimmer has applicable slider drivers bound to either Red, Green, Blue, White, or RGB control.
- Axion DMX Control
Used for communications between the dimmer driver and controller driver.
- RGB Control
Dimmer that encompasses the entire RGB spectrum in values ranging from 0-100 where 100 is white or full brightness of all channels.
- Red Color Control
Dimmer that encompasses the red spectrum in values ranging from 0-100.
- Green Color Control
Dimmer that encompasses the green spectrum in values ranging from 0-100.
- Blue Color Control
Dimmer that encompasses the blue spectrum in values ranging from 0-100.
- White Color Control
Dimmer that encompasses the white spectrum in values ranging from 0-100.
- Save Preset
Save the current channel level and ramp rate to a save slot 1-4.
- Recall Preset
Recall channel level and ramp rate from a save slot 1-4.
- Start Color Cycle Animation
Sets color and cycles around the HSV spectrum at a given rate. Only one animation can be active at a time.
- Start Level Animation
Ramps to random target levels. Only one animation can be active at a time.
- Stops Animation
Stops the current animation.
- Set Theme
Sets a color theme.
- Set Effect
Sets an effect with a given interval for a given amount of time. Only one effect can be active at a time.
- Stop Effect
Stops the current effect.
- Fix for light feedback when triggering a scene from ‘off’ state.
- Fix for ‘glow’ and ‘blink’ effects not applying the selected RGB color.
- Updated Advanced Lighting Scenes for brightness and color targets.
- Fix for light feedback when controlling brightness through programming.
- Update to support WW and CW via Control4 color proxy. Now able to set warmth using the temperature tab.
- Resolve initialization error preventing the proper connection to controller driver in some instances.
- Fix math issue for ramping up/down.
- Initial Release