The OpenWeatherMap service provides free (60 calls per minute) weather data and forecast. OpenWeatherMap collects data from weather stations and forecasts of meteorological services and research laboratories, combining long-term and short-term forecasts with real-time data from weather stations, processing them and immediately updates current weather and forecasts.
The Chowmain OpenWeatherMap module brings all of this data into URC for use in the home automation system. This is useful for automating services within the home based upon the external environment. Note that this is not a replacement for a personal weather station. We recommend utilising a local weather station if you require accurate readings as this provides accurate real time local weather information.
- Device events for Temperature, Weather conditions, Pressure, Wind Speed and direction, Cloud cover and Rain
- Two Way commands to fetch the current conditions including Temperature, Humidity, Wind speed or direction, pressure, cloud cover and rain
- Two Way commands to fetch the forecast Temperature, Humidity, Wind speed or direction, pressure, cloud cover and rain for Today or in the upcoming days.
- Phone and Tablet interfaces showing the current conditions and the forecast.
- Support for multiple copies allowing you to track weather if different locations.
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this module?
- Humidifiers can be turned on automatically if it is going to be a dry day, Towel rails can be turned on if its going to be a humid day
- If it is going to be a hot and sunny day, close the shutters to shut the heat out
- If it is hotter indoors than it is outdoors and the wind direction is facing the motorised windows then open the windows.
- If it is going to be a hot day turn on the AC
- If it is going to rain don’t automatically water the garden (I would also put in some additional logic to ensure that it will water the garden if it is extremely hot and if it hasn’t watered the garden in X amount of days).
- If it is going to be a cloudy day and the customer has solar then don’t turn on the smart appliances until tomorrow.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain module for URC come with a 90 day trial, no registration required.
- Added snow event
- Changed the module to use the free teir of the OpenWeatherMap API.