Sunsynk and Deye hybrid inverters are a great solution for powering your home or office, combining grid power, solar energy and battery backup. Adding our ELAN controller driver, you can use this technology to its fullest potential.
This driver allows you to obtain and use the following information from your inverter:
- Grid Power
- Battery State of Charge (SoC)
- Battery Power
- Solar Power
- Grid Voltage
- Inverter Temperatures (Celsius)
- Grid Availability
This data can be used to display status information, bar gauges and line graphs on your homepages and to trigger events. Data is refreshed every 10 seconds.
How to use the data
- Events can be triggered based on the above information.
- Graphs and Bar Gauges can be used to display the data.
Note: Graphs do not render correctly on ELAN 8.7 or earlier.
Examples of applications
- Automatically switch on your pool heater when the battery reaches 95% SoC.
- Switch off your geysers if the battery drops below 42% SoC.
- Send a notification if the grid voltage drops below 100V.
- Switch on an external fan when the inverter temperature exceeds 50°C.
Connecting your inverter to the ELAN controller is easy. No internet access is required for the driver to operate. There are two options for connecting an inverter to an ELAN controller:
- Using an RS232 connection to the external serial port on your inverter if the external serial port is not being used.
- Connecting to the internal RS485 port, if it is available.
Notes about ELAN Serial Ports:
- The RS485 ports on ELAN controllers are incompatible with the Sunsynk/Deye inverters because there is no supported method for setting these ports to RS485 half-duplex.
- RS232/RS485 converters can be used.
- IP/Serial adapters can also be used if the latency remains low.
Please see the documentation for further information and examples of equipment tested.
- Single-phase 230V Sunsynk/Deye 5kW and 8kW inverters have been tested.
- 3-phase 230V Sunsynk/Deye 12kW and 50kW inverters have been tested on version 2 of this driver. Contact us if you require this driver.
- Version 1 of this driver is read-only. It does not update any settings on your inverter.
- This driver does not support inverters operating in parallel. Contact us if you require a driver for parallel inverters.
- The driver reads power-related values from an inverter.
- Updating the inverter configuration is not supported.
- 5kW and 8kW inverters have been tested.
- Support for 12kW and 50kW inverters is being added.
- This driver is currently being tested. Contact us for the latest beta version.