In 2022 Big Ass Fans released a major firmware update which changed its API and hence broke our existing integration. We have worked with Big Ass Fans to re-write our ELAN Big Ass Fans driver from the ground up to support this new API. As such the new driver supports all Big Ass Fans with IP control now regardless of model.
The Chowmain Big Ass Fans Driver for ELAN allows integration of Haiku and other Big Ass Fans into ELAN allowing full 2 way multispeed fan and multi level lighting control over your home.
Integration into ELAN allows control from a single point using ELAN's touchscreens, mobile applications, keypads and handheld remote controls. On top of that it exposes control over the Haiku products in the ELAN ecosystem to provide interaction from other devices in the home. From turning off your fans and lights when you arm your security system to automatically turning them on when it detects you are at home and if the temperature is at an uncomfortable level integration provides you with so many different solutions to make your lifestyle that much easier.
The Big Ass Fans V2 Driver requires ELAN OS 8.8 or later.
Our new V2 driver now enables support for all IP controllable Big Ass Fans Devices and for the Big Ass Fans Mobile App
This driver will only work on ELAN Core 8.2 and above.
- Automatically Discover and Manage Big Ass Fan Devices on your network using our new Big Ass Fans V2 Driver
- Instantaneous Feedback
- One Touch Detection of Devices
- Automatic naming of devices
- Two Way Control / Feedback
- Sleep Mode Support
- Control Fan Power and Speed
- Fan Occupancy Support
- Reverse/Forward Fan
- Whoosh Support
- ECO Mode
- Control Light and Brightness
- Support for Light CCT Support
- UVC Support
- Light Occupancy Support
Which Big Ass Fan Products are supported by this driver?
At this time, the following products are supported:
- Haiku (H and I Series)
- Haiku L
- Haiku Light
- es6 If its supported by the Big Ass Fans mobile app, it's probably supported by our driver.
What are the benefits of the V2 vs V1 driver
- V2 enables support for the Big Ass Fans App, a greater variety of BAF devices, realtime feedback and more functionality
How come the dimmer level changes slightly when i set a level?
Many light only have dim levels of 0-16, which may cause the level changes to vary
Which ELAN OS is required for this driver?
ELAN OS 8.8 or later is required for our Big Ass Fans V2 driver. For Legacy systems, V1 may still be used, but requires older firmware and supports limited hardware
What hardware will this work on?
BAF V2 should support all Big Ass Fan's devices which have been upgraded to the latest firmware using the Big Ass Fans App.
My Fans were working correctly in V1, however, the fans do not operate in V2
You must upgrade your mobile app from the original Haiku App to the new Big Ass fans app and update the firmware. V2 requires updated firmware for operation. V1 does not require updated firmware, but it does not support all of the features or hardware of V2.
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- Integration with ELAN allows you to use control the Fans and Lights from any ELAN user interface including touchscreens, mobile devices, keypads and remotes.
- Program your home to automatically turn off all lights and fans when you arm the security system. Turn on fans if the temperature is high and you have just returned home.
- Link lighting and fans to motion sensors to save energy in unoccupied rooms.
- Enable or disable auto mode (occupancy)
- Program Whoosh effects for the fans.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for ELAN come with a 90 day trial.
Do you offer other drivers?
We have hundreds of drivers. Many of which are manufacturer sponsored and free. Please visit our website to view all available drivers including FREE drivers.
Version 3.1.2 - 19-SEP-2023
- [Diagnostics] Add Further Diagnostics
- [Bug] Resolve Framework issue causing crash during Initialisation after driver reboot in some circumstances. This prevents driver from connecting.
- [Bug] In some circumstances, CCT may be invalid. Fixed
Version 3.1.1 - 15-SEP-2023
- [Diagnostics] Improve Diagnostics
Version 3.1.0 - 24-AUG-2023
- [Enhancement] Activation/Licencing Improvements (Fan V2 / Discover)
- [Bug] Identified Potential Memory Leak which may occur on systems when fans are not in use for long periods (Fan V2 / Discover)
- [Performance] Improved Memory Usage (Fan V2 / Discover)
- [Bug] Improvements to connection (Fan V2)
Version 3.0.0 - 20-JUL-2023
- [Enhancement] Introducing Our new V2 Discovery Driver and new V2 fan driver. Upgrade to Big Ass Fans Mobile App is required
Version 2.9.2 - 16-JUN-2023
- [Bug] Fix issues with feedback and auto-detection (V2)
Version 2.9.1 - 05-JUN-2023
- [Enhancement] Introducing new V2 Driver. Adds support for Big Ass Fans App, and new driver (V2)
Version 2.0.6 - 27-APR-2021
- Resolved issues with trial licencing no activating.
Version 2.0.2 - 18-SEP-2018
- Resolved issues with multicast control
Version 2.0.1 - 30-AUG-2018
- Added fan whoosh, fan auto and light auto modes
- Improved communications for multiple fans
Version 2.0.0 - 20-AUG-2018
- Initial Release