The Videostorm IRUSB device allows us to control any Android set-top box including the Nvidia Shield, Amazon Fire TV, Foxtel Now and more.
The Chowmain IRUSB driver for ELAN provides IP control over the IRUSB with keyboard text entry, direct app launching, transport controls and more.
It adds additional IR outputs to ELAN by replicating the Global Cache protocol allowing for control over local IR devices via the built-in ELAN Global Cache drivers.
Lastly, it also can detect when audio starts and stops. This is useful for automated selection of the device for Android TV boxes that have Chromecast built-in. Now you can cast YouTube, Netflix or Stan via your mobile phone/tablet or by voice using Google Home and have ELAN automatically select the box as a source with full transport control over the casted content.
- IP control over the majority of Android based devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Nvidia Shield, Foxtel Now, Xiaomi Mi Box and more.
- Detection of Audio Signal or Absence of Audio Signal for automated room on.
- Ability to direct launch many of the popular applications
- HD Homerun
- 3 Custom config strings for custom app launching for apps not listed above (note Android intent required for launching).
- Keyboard support for text entry (perfect for inputting username, password or search text).
- Global Cache emulation allows you to add additional IR outputs.
What hardware will this work on?
This driver will work for the following models. It should also work with the majority of Android Boxes including
- Nvidia Shield
- Amazon FireTV
- Xiaomi MiBox
- Foxtel Now
Note you will need to purchase and plug in the IRUSB dongle from Videostorm and install/configure the IRUSB application from Google Play store.
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- Add additional controlled AV zones to ELAN by simply adding an Android box. Control the TV using the IR emitter and control the Android box via IP.
- Devices such as the Nvidia Shield and Amazon Fire TV have problematic control. For example in 2017 Amazon broke ADB control in their 4K lineup of Fire TV’s. This hardware / software combo gets around these issues and ensures it won’t happen again.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for ELAN come with a 90 day trial.
2.1.5 - Feb 02 2020
Implemented Stratus Feedback
2.1.3 - Nov 27 2018
Updated to latest Chowmain library.
2.1.0 - Jul 19 2018
Updated to latest Chowmain library. Improvements over socket connections, timers, callbacks and more.
2.0.2 - 1 March 2018
Added audio detected true and false events. This is useful for automating automatic selection of the android box as a source for things like casting on AndroidTV boxes that have built in Chromecast.
2.0.1 - 12 January 2018
Added Australian apps for Foxtel Now - ABC iview, PLUS7, Stan, tenplay
2.0.0 - 12 January 2018