Kaleidescape presents the world's most authentic cinematic experience with the content you love. Whether on disc or as a digital download from the Kaleidescape Movie Store, Kaleidescape brings together all your movies in a visually stunning library making it beautifully simple to access and enjoy movies that truly matter to you.
A premium product deserves an excellent interface to match as such the Chowmain Kaleidescape driver for ELAN offers full movie and music library access for any IP controlled Kaleidescape system along with an extensive list of automation features that make the integrated experience more rewarding.
Put the finishing touch on your customer's Kaleidescape system using our driver for ELAN.
- Bi-directional IP control over Kaleidescape Systems
- Library functionality
- Cover Art Browsing
- Ability to browse movies by
- All Movies
- By Collections
- By Actor
- By Director
- By Genre
- By Rating
- Ability to browse music by
- All Artists
- By Album
- By Genre
- By Mix Album
- Player Control
- Replicates all functionality of the original Kaleidescape remote
- Now Playing information
- Events Maps
- Screensaver – On / Off
- Power – On / Off
- Playback State – Play, Pause, Stop, Fast Forward, Fast Reverse
- Masking – Unknown, 1.33, 1.66, 1.78, 1.88, 2.35
- Frame – 4x3, 16x9
- Lighting – Menu, Movie Playing, Intermission, End Credits
- Current Color – HDR, SDR, SMTPE ST 2084
- Aspect Ratio – 16:9, CinemaScape 2.35 Anamorphic, CinemaScape 2.35 Letterbox, CinemaScape Native 2.35 Display
- Scaling – None, CinemaScape Scale Mode Anamorphic, CinemaScape Scale Mode Zoom
- Content Type - Disc inserted, Disc ejected, DVD currently playing, Video Stream currently playing, Blu-ray Disc currently playing
- User Defined Event – VOLUME_DOWN, VOLUME_UP, TOGGLE_MUTE
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- Browse and initiate playback of movies and music on your ELAN touchscreens
- Automate cinema lighting based on movie playback state (play, pause, stop), movie position (main feature, credits, etc).
- Automate projection screen masking and projection modes using aspect ratio feedback, masking feedback and more.
- Volume up, down and mute event maps allow linking volume controls of the official Kaleidescape app to ELAN.
- Playback state event maps allow programmatic source selection if using the official Kaleidescape app.
- Set the driver up so it automatically turns off when the screensaver kicks in. Great if you forget that you've paused a movie or have fallen asleep whilst watching
I like the official kaleidescape app. Can i use that?
Yes you can. We have set the driver up so that in dedicated theaters you can just pick up your iPad and you can use the official kaleidescape application by itself without ever touching an ELAN user interface. ELAN will automatically turn on the projector, dim the lights, etc when a movie is selected and when a movie has finished it will automatically turn everything off and bring the lights up. Note you will need to program event maps for volume control (up, down, mute), playback state (play, stop) and screensaver in order to achieve this.
What hardware will this work on?
This driver will work on all Kaleidescape models.
How have you integrated the library?
The guys at Kaleidescape provided us with a special Chowmain specific API key that allows us to access their library API. This key is tied to us as a company and no one else is allowed to use the key but us.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for ELAN come with a 90 day trial.
Version 1.0.7 - December 22 2021
- Fixed issue with now playing cover art not displaying on systems that have seperate server / player setups.
Version 1.0.6 - November 11 2021
- Fixed issue with number buttons not outputting numbers correctly
- Changed Player Now Playing image from high resolution to normal resolution to resolve rendering issues
- Added Co-Star drop down to library driver. This will force selection of movies to always resume playback. This gets around a bug in Kaleidescape systems with Co-Star not starting playback in all content. This is only temporary until Kaledeiscape fixes their bug.
- Added popup for playback issues warning the user to make sure the disc is inserted (as if its not it won't play).
Version 1.0.4 - October 20 2021
- Added HR2, TS2 and HR10 interfaces for player driver.
Version 1.0.3 - October 16 2021
- Fixed bug effecting initiating playback from systems with a seperate server / player.
Version 1.0.2 - October 15 2021
- Added support for systems that do not support newer APIs for player now playing data and artwork.
Version 1.0.1 - October 8 2021
- Fixed issue effecting playback of movies when selected under the 'All Movies' page
Version 1.0.0 - October 4 2021
- Initial Release