Epson provides a universal API (ESC/VP21) for their range of projectors for both IP and RS232 based controls.
The Chowmain Epson universal projector driver for ELAN provides seamless integration of all Epson projectors via this API and allows you to control all the standard features you would expect with a projector and more.
- Bi-directional control and feedback
- Both RS232 and IP based integration
- Lamp hour feedback
- Error feedback
- Automatic email and push notification on errors (requires 4sight)
- Audio Controls (Volume Up, Volume Down)
- Power management
- Source selection
- Screen Mirroring
- AV Mute
- Enhance 4K
- HDR Color Space
- Aspect Ratio
- Color Mode
- Image Memory (Recall / Register / Delete)
- Lens Position (Recall / Register / Delete)
Which projectors are supported?
This driver utilises the currently available settings from the Epson universal API. Current and future projectors that adhere to this API will work with this driver.
If you are using IP control please make sure that you have set the projector standby mode to ‘communications on’ otherwise you will lose control when the projector turns off.
What cool things can i do with this driver?
- The driver has the ability to detect warnings and errors (via event maps). This makes it easily for integrators to proactively service their customers when the projector is due for a bulb change or requires immediate attention.
- On projectors that have lens memory you can recall these lens memory positions via the driver's options. This is extremely useful if you combine it with something like the Chowmain Kaleidescape driver which can provide you with the aspect ratio feedback of the movie. Automate lens positions to suit the movie you are watching to ensure that 235 movies fit the screen perfectly without manual intervention!
- Have the screen blank or lens closed until certain conditions, like theatre curtains being fully opened, are met
- Event map programming to change the 3D sync setting of the projector or have the projector automatically set a 3D sync option depending on the source
- Dynamically set the color temperature and picture modes depending on the input source
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for ELAN come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
2022-01-17 - 1.0.1
- Fixed issue with lens memory recall incorrecting sending register command instead of recall
2021-12-08 - 1.0.0
- Initial Release