This is a Crestron Home driver for the Denkovi smartDEN range of LAN connected DIN mount 12V and 24V relay modules. The driver provides full control of the relay units with polled feedback. The smartDEN relays can be configured with momentary or latched outputs and the driver will obey and correct reflect the state of each output, allowing for sophisticated programming of the relay while retaining simple control from Crestron.
- Control over each individual relay channel for the smartDEN device
- Correctly handles momentary, latched and pulsed outputs with polled feedback
- Polls for state to keep Crestron in sync with changes on the device
- Internally queues commands to allow for the fastest control
- easy macro creation, no need to delays between commands
- Perfect for controlling Blinds, Gates, Irrigation or any number of other authomation applications
Where can i find out information about the product?
The Denokovi smartDEN products is available from
Connection drops out on the Crestron Driver
Connecting to the Denkovi SmartDEN by any method other than Crestron Home will lock the driver from accessing the Denkovi device while the other connection method is active. Once the other connection is removed or has timed out the Crestron driver will re-establish the connection. Control will not be possible while offline.
What should I do after updating Installer Settings on the driver?
After updating the installer settings a reboot of the Crestron Home device could be required and should fix any connectivity issues caused by changing licence, device password or poll time.
Can I rename the SmartDEN Device to another name?
Ensure that the Denkovi SmartDEN device name is SMARTDEN_IP-16R under the general settings of the device website.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
Can I try this driver on my system before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers come with a 90 day trial, no registration required.
The Denkovi SmartDen Crestron Home module is available for installation directly from the Drivers menu in the Pair Devices step in the Crestron Setup App. To find the driver you need to go into:
- Pair Devices
- SmartDen IP-16R
- Press the + button
- Enter the name and IP address of the Denkovi SmartDen device.
- Enter the licence code you obtained from Driver Central.
- Enter the device password found under general settings on the device.
- Adjust the polling time if required, the default is 10 seconds.
Ensure that the device is called SMARTDEN_IP-16R under general settings on the device.
3 December 2021
- Initial Release