This driver is used to receives readings locally, via IP (Wi-Fi or Wired), for the Victron GX MQTT service. It is ALSO a “Webview” driver allowing you to use T3 or T4 Touchscreens to view the GX web interface.
Tested on the Cerbo GX, Color Control GX & Venus GX.
It is highly recommended that the GX IP Interface has a static IP Address or a reservation within the Routers DHCP settings so that is always get the same IP Address.
The MQTT Server needs to be enabled on the GX device.
To enable the MQTT server go to Settings --> Services:
- MQTT on LAN (SSL) to Enabled
- MQTT on LAN (Plaintext) to Enabled
- IP Address – The local IP address of the GX Device
- Various Readings – when Debugging is enabled
- Debug Mode – Set to print to troubleshoot the driver
Readings Currently Supported:
- AC Critical Loads L1/L2/L3 P: The power usage in Watts for Live 1, Live 2 & Live 3 for the Critical loads (as classified in the GX Device)
- AC Genset Loads L1/L2/L3 P: The power usage in Watts for Live 1, Live 2 & Live 3 for the Genset loads (as classified in the GX Device)
- AC Grid Loads L1/L2/L3 P: The power usage in Watts for the Live 1, Live 2 & Live 3 for Grid loads (as classified in the GX Device)
- AC Loads L1/L2/L3 P: The power in Watts usage for Live 1, Live 2 & Live 3 for the AC loads (as classified in the GX Device)
- Battery SoC: The current battery state of charge. Battery percentage.
- Battery State: Idle, Charging or Discharging
- PV Inverter P: The power generation in Watts provided by the PV System
- System State: Off, Low Power Mode, Fault, Bulk, Absorption, Float, Storage, Equalize, Passthru, Inverting, Power Assist, Power Supply Mode, Bulk Protection (as classified in the GX Device)
- Gridlost: When the Grid AC no longer provides sufficient power (as classified in the GX Device)
- High Temperature: When Inverter temperature becomes too high (as classified in the GX Device)
- Low Battery: When the Battery SoC becomes low (as classified in the GX Device)
- Overload: When the Inverter is overloaded (as classified in the GX Device)
- Enable this to see the reading live in the properties field.
- Debug will disable itself after 60 minutes
- Quick Trick to for an update of all reading. Re-Enter the IP address and press set. This forces a reconnection and refreshes all readings.
- None currently but this is a feature I would like to add soon allowing connections to things like lighting scenes for “Low power mode” etc. removing the need to program such things.
- All the above readings are available as an Event within Programming in Composer
- This allows you to trigger events based on readings
- All the above readings are available as a Conditional within Programming within Composer
- This allows you to compare readings and program accordingly.
- Example: If SoC less than 50% then Activate “Low Lighting” Advanced Lighting Scene
- All the above readings are available as a Device Variable within Composer
- This allows you to use the readings in things like Push Notifications or Emails for informational purposes
- What is this driver for? Communicating with the Victron GX Interface using their built in IP MQTT service. This is all local, so no internet required.
- Can I test the driver first? Although, tested on various systems and all systems worked right away, please trial this driver before purchasing. As with all Homemation drivers, Showroom licenses are free and activate automatically.
- Can I get push notifications or emails? Yes, you can, if you have 4Sight or use a 3rd party notification service the readings are available as a “Device Variable” which then allows you to include the reading within a push notification or email.
- Can I use the readings in Programming? Sure can. Each reading is available as an Event (When) and a Conditional (If). With these you can react accordingly within programming
- What do you do with the readings?
- I currently use the SoC the most. With the Homemation Occupancy driver I set the Timeout and Lights on value based on battery percentage.
- I also use Battery State. When discharging, check the alarm state, if its Armed then no one is home and be sure to turn EVERYTHING possible off.
- Using the PV readings to automatically load shed high power usage items within their home when there isn’t sufficient power generated from sunlight.
- Fixed where values for L2 & L3 not initializing with the correct value
- Edited which PV value to read from
- Added some error handling when malformed messages are received
- Only fire programming if there is in fact a variable change
- Fixed variable comparison code that would cause number variables in programming not to fire
- Fixed a reconnection issue when the GX goes offline for a while
- Initial Release