Tank Utility manufactures battery operated WiFi devices which monitor propane tank levels. Integrated into Control4 this ensures that your house responds to different levels of propane. This can be used to inform the home owner upon low levels or Control4 can be programmed to turn off unnecessary loads to preserve energy during a power outage.
Why is this product exciting?
Monitoring and automating propane levels is extremely important for backup generators. The customer can be warned when the level is too low via notifications, emails or even an audio announcement.
When this happens the dealer can programatically conserve energy by switching off unnecessary loads to ensure criticial systems remain operating throughout the power outage.
How does the customer get informed of the current level?
We developed an experience button which provides feedback in 5% increments. This gives the customer visual feedback on any Control4 navigator of the propane level at any time.
Where can i purchase the hardware?
The propane level monitor can be purchased from Tank Utility (https://www.tankutility.com/). It is a battery operated wifi based device which can be installed easily on any Rochester Remote Ready Dial (see installation guide for information - http://installdocs.tankutility.com/)
NOTE - You will need good wifi signal at your tank. This driver communicates via the Tank Utility cloud service. As such if internet is disrupted data cannot be uploaded to by the Tank Utility device. or obtained by Control4.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial.
Do you offer other drivers?
We have hundreds of drivers. Many of which are manufacturer sponsored and free. Please visit our website to view all available drivers including FREE drivers.
Version 20230126 - 26-JAN-2023
- Updated to support locales that use commas for decimal places.
Version 20221228 - 28-DEC-2022
- Fixed issue caused by last update.
Version #20221216 - 16-DEC-2022
- Upgrade to new Diagnostics system with Submit Diagnostics, and automatic troubleshooting
Version 20220902 - 02-SEP-2022
- Improve Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
- Low Level Performance Improvements for OS3. Requires Controller Reboot to take effect
- Update Documentation
Version #20211110 - 10-NOV-2021
- Improve Debugging
Version #20211005 - 05-OCT-2021
- Improve Debugging
- Fix Unknown Icon
Version #20210216 - 16-FEB-2021
- Updated driverCentral Licencing
- Removed poll interval. This is now dynamic based upon the reading interval reported by the API. Usually once an hour.
- Fixed issue caused by timestamp changes (tank utility went from seconds to milliseconds)
- Implemented battery warning and battery critical events
- Implemented automated push notifications and emails (requires 4sight).
- Resolved issue effecting Control4 OS 3.X