The Pakedge Intelligent Power Distribution Units (PDU) are a complete power control solution for A/V networks. It was designed with one function in mind – to keep your power managed devices operating when you want them to, and turned off when you want them to. This is accomplished through a suite of technologies and features that enable the PDU to be monitored, configured and operating autonomously through the local network, or remotely through the cloud
Chowmain's Pakedge Intelligent PDU Driver for Control4 allows dealers to control the P2 / P2E / P8 / P8E / P20 / P20E models from Control4 allowing you to switch on, off or toggle an outlet. It also includes energy management and temperature feedback. It should also in theory support furture models should it adhere to the same protocol. This provides effective power management and control.
- Dynamically import outlets
- Detects how many outlets are present on the unit
- Imports the names of each outlet into the driver’s connections
- Auto import device details into properties page
- Serial Number
- Hardware Version
- Software Version
- Mac Address
- Number of Outlets
- Current Sensor A
- Current Sensor B
- Auto poll for device power consumption (once every 30 seconds). Available in properties page and in Control4 variables.
- Current Sensor A (in amps/properties, in milliamps/variables)
- Current Sensor B (in amps/properties, in milliamps/variables)
- Outlet State Control & Feedback
- On / Off / Toggle for all outlets (Instant feedback on switch from Control4 or once every 30 seconds when triggered elsewhere)
- Events Triggered on
- Min/Max current reached on
What can i use this for?
- Automatically power on or off power amps and other AV equipment when Control4 requires them.
- Automatically power off equipment when high or low amps is detected.
- Power cycle a device through Control4's navigator interface.
- Turn off all un-neccesary equipment when the security system is armed. Turn them back on when the security system is disarmed.
- Automatically reboot a device if it is locked up (requires Chowmain ping driver)
- Report rack energy usage (requires Chowmain Event Logger Driver)
Why do you only support OS 2.6 and above?
OS 2.6 offers a superior security encryption algorithm and a new and improved driver format. We have decided to only utilise this new format to ensure that the integrity of this driver is not compromised and that we can provide the best dealer/user experience available.
What models will this work for?
This driver will work for the P2, P2E, P8, P8E, P20, P20E model of PDU. It may work for future models of PDU however we recommend that you utilise the trial built into the driver out prior to purchasing a licence.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 7 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Version #20170710 - 10-JUL-2017
* Migrated to driverCentral.
Version #20160720 - 20-JUL-2016
* Added property for username and password.
Version #20160609 - 09-JUN-2016
* Initial Release