Many homes and offices use Unifi network equipment to provide reliable internet connectivity and control. Now, customers can harness this control through their Control4 systems! The Network Agent for Unifi is a specialized set of network tools designed to give your customers the alerts and control they're requesting. Client access, wifi management and poe control are available as simple actions and alerts through the Control4 system.
Some simple use cases:
- Get an alert when a new iPhone is connected to the network
- Receive and alert when the kids come home or when the boyfriend comes over.
- Block a contractor from using the the network after they leave.
- Turn off Wifi in home during evening hours
- Disconnect PoE devices when on vacation
To save money and add other cool features to your projects consider purchasing as part of the Agent Bundle.
- Receive an alert when a new network device connects to home
- Get alerts when a specific network client falls offline or comes on the network.
- Events for New Client, Client Blocked, Client Unblocked, Client Online/Offline
- Control PoE ports on any Unifi device connected to site
- Set Client names from Control4 -> Unifi easily
- Works with Composer Home edition so customers can customize their network activity
- Works directly with Unifi Controllers
- Part of the Cinegration Notification Suite
- Supports Cinegration Trial and Showroom license
- Installs in as little as 1 minute
Functional with 2.9.1+ though certain features are designed specifically for 3.0+
A single license will unlock as many instances of the driver as needed in your project. Cloud Driver is required to activate all DriverCentral licenses and trials. To find out more about drivercentral features click here. Additionally, here is a quick video that demonstrates the licensing process.
All Cinegration Development drivers for Control4 come with a 7-day trial. Simply add the DriverCentral licensing driver along with this driver and you can fully test the driver before purchasing. Including Cinegration Development drivers in your showroom project will give you unlimited use without purchase.
Driver is provided by Cinegration Development LLC. All rights reserved.
No posts found
For video instructions click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUaNp6fFRto&t=2s
Control4 Version: 2.9.1, 2.10.x, 3.x
Compatible Hardware: Ubiquiti Network systems https://unifi-network.ui.com/
Help and Support: https://help.drivercentral.io
Provides relay connections for all PoE devices, monitors network clients and alerts customers and/or dealers of network activity.
- Add driver to project
- Set the Unifi Address (this is the address of your Unifi Controller)
- Enter Username/Password
- We recommend creating a separate Administrator for each site instead of a single Super Administrator for all sites
- Enter the Site Id for the network
- Note: the driver will only communicate with the site the Control4 system is located on. The ethernet gateway used on the Controller must be located on the site network.
- To find the site ID, go to your Unifi Controller, select the site and copy paste the site id (located in the address bar). See picture below
- Once a valid site has been entered the driver will scan your Unifi site, load in PoE devices as relays and collect all Network Clients
Driver supports ability to turn on/off wifi. This can be done via Composer Actions
Driver supports blocking/unblocking specific clients (example: turn off Internet of Xbox after 9:00PM).
Driver will automatically send alert when a new network client is found (example: give your guests your wifi password and receive a notification when they get online)
Driver supports additional notifications for when a specific user comes online and offline (note: offline is determined by no communication for at least 3 hours).
The driver 'polls' the Unifi system once a minute. We've found in testing that the response time of PoE reboots, wifi on/off and online notifications might take up to 2 minutes before seen by Control4.
Cinegration strives to provide fully working drivers without defects. However, changes and bugs may be found. Because of this, any bug/maintenance update to this driver will be free of charge. However, due to the ever-changing nature of computer and audio/video systems, if a new version of the Control4® software creates issues with this driver, or feature enhancements, an upgrade version will be provided for an additional expense or free as determined by Cinegration.
Fixed issue with PoE devices not working
Fixed issue where setting PoE port, would default port information
Added ability to change the Port profile (can be used to block a port from working)
- Added support for unifiOS (Dream Machine)
- Fixed issue with stored data becoming too large
- Improved Device scanning
- Added Events for when a port becomes active/inactive.
- Example: Trigger event when someone plugs a device into the network switch.
- Example: Get notification when a device is no longer responding (faster notification than 'CLIENT_OFFLINE' event).
- Added Events for when a port becomes active/inactive.
Added Driver Property Run Speed Check (default Yes)
Fixed issue where Setting WiFi did not work
Updated submodules (Feb 2020 updates)
- Added Conditional Programming
- Added Scan PoE Devices to Driver Actions
- Added Composer Variable: LAST_CLIENT_NAME
- Added protections for bad url inputs
- Created new States for driver: NEW_CLIENT, CLIENT_ONLINE, CLIENT_OFFLINE. These allow dealers to customize the message and notifications for each type of event now
- Improved Display Status and Driver now shown by default in room it was added into
- Added Speed Test of gateway (must have Unifi Security Gateway to work)
- General improvements to error handling
- Corrected typo in Ubiquiti name
- Fixed issue where sites with a name smaller than 5 characters would not work. The minimum site id length is 3 characters now
- Fixed issue where Unifi devices that did not have a Name and/or Device type would cause a lua error
- Fixed issue where projects that are not using a Unifi Security Gateway as the router would not work
- Initial Release