eGauge is an affordable, flexible, secure, web-based electric energy and power meter that can measure up to 30 circuits. It is used to measure and record total building electrical consumption, solar, wind, consumption of individual circuits, such as appliances or geothermal system pumps, and motors.
The Chowmain eGauge driver provides live data feedback from the eGauge unit. This data can be viewed on the Control4 T3 touch screens. The data can be used in Control4’s programming as variables or have a minimum and maximum event trigger set in the driver itself. This provides live automated responses to changes in energy usage.
- eGauge web interface can be viewed on any T3 touchscreen (we recommended the 10")
- Polled Instantaneous Feedback for:
- Reactive Power
- Volumetric flow
- Apparent Power
- Total Harmonic Distortion
- Temperature C
- Relative humidity
- Minimum & Maximum events for each register
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- Utilise this driver to optimise PV solar usage within the home. Rather then guessing and scheduling smart appliances to turn on during the day you now can turn it on based upon high PV solar, wind or hydro power generation.
- Utilise the driver to detect and warn home owners of faulty equipment that may be utilising an excessive amount of power (e.g. faulty UPS)
- Warn the home owner if they have left on the oven on for too long or any other device on dedicated circuits.
- Shut down delicate equipment upon over or under voltage.
- Automate energy savings when energy usage is too high by dimming lights and setting back HVAC set points.
- eGauge offers remote power monitoring services via their online portal. Our driver works with this portal and as such can be used to monitor remote sites even if the remote site doesn’t have a Control4 system.
Can i use more than one eGauge?
Yes you can install multiple copies of the driver.
How do i view historical data?
The eGauge web user interface can be accessed via Control4 T3 touchscreens or any web browser.
Which models will this work with?
This driver is designed for the EG4 series which includes (but not limited to) the EG4115 15 port and the EG4130 30 port devices.
How do i view the usage data on my Control4 iOS or android device?
Both of these navigators do not support Control4 applications. If you want to view your usage data we recommend viewing the eGauge directly via its inbuilt web server on any web browser
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 7 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Version #20191112 - 12-NOV-2019
· Fixed issue where webview would not work after reboot
Version #20191009 - 09-OCT-2019
· Fixed issue with OS 3 not displaying webview
Version #20190325 - 25-MAR-2019
· Brand new driver for eGauge Pro and Core devices.
Version #20170710 - 10-JUL-2017
· Migrated to driverCentral.
Version #20151102 - 02-NOV-2015
Made improvements to licencing algorithm. Should resolve issues on OS 2.8 systems with intermittent internet connections.
Version #20150818 - 18-AUG-2015
Implemented Dealer Demo Licencing
Version #20150407 - 07-APR-2015
Resolved issue where logs on 2.6 systems would fill out controller storage causing system stability issues. This only effects systems where people have set the debug logs to 'print and log' or 'log' and have forgotten about it over longer periods of time.
Version #20150311 - 11-MAR-2015
Removed Geolock for Australia and New Zealand. These countries can now purchase this driver.
Version #20150303 - 03-MAR-2015
Added MAC address property (note this is used in conjunction with the Virtual ESBox driver)
Added cumulative usage, generation and MAC address variables
Version #20141118 - 18-NOV-2014
Converted from C4I to C4Z filetype
Version #20140922 - 22-SEP-2014
Added total generation and total usage to min and max event triggers
Resolved issue with voltage channel 3 not reporting back.
Version #20140411 - 11-APR-2014
Initial Release Version