As of OS 2.9.0 Control4 introduced the new webview driver. This webview driver allows Control4 T3 touchscreens to display a webpage for interaction with the customer. We have taken advantage of this architecture to develop some custom applications for the T3 touchscreens.
The Contact Us webview driver for Control4 provides dealers with a professional looking contact us page on the T3 touchscreen with customisable company logo, company contact details, google map and clickable URL to the company website.
This adds the final touch to a professionally installed system and provides dealers with a cheap way of marketing their company to people who utilise the touchscreen.
- Works on all T3 touchscreens.
- Can be customised using only the driver's properties
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Company Latitude (this I used for google maps. If nothing is entered it is replaced by an envelope icon).
- Company Longitude (this I used for google maps. If nothing is entered it is replaced by an envelope icon).
- Company Phone Number
- Company Email
- Company Logo URL (this is used to place a logo on the touchscreen. If nothing is entered then it is replaced by the Company Name)
- Company Website
- Touching the company website URL redirects to the URL.
Control4 has made it a policy that all web assets must be hosted externally to the controller. As such this application requires an active internet connection to access the application each time it runs. All personal data is stored on the local Control4 controller.
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- Put your company information on all your Control4 jobs (requires T3 touchscreen).
- Add in job specific instructions / troubleshooting steps into the Summary section.
- Redirect to your company's website when the customer clicks on a URL.
How do i obtain the latitude and longitude?
This information can be obtained from google maps. Just enter in your address and you can see the information on the marker or URL.
How do i use the Logo URL?
You will need to upload your logo to a web service that can be accessed directly via a URL. If you do not have such a service then please contact us and we can assist. Note that the logo should include transparencies and be of gif or png format.
Why do you only support OS 2.9 and above?
Webview drivers are only compatible with OS 2.9 and above.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Version #20210119 - 19-JAN-2021
- Fixed issue with licensing implementation
Version #20210119 - 19-JAN-2021
- Updated to new Driver Central licensing
Version #20190604 – 04-JUN-2019
- Updated to fix issue where OS 3.0.0 removed the hosts file from T3 touchscreens. This causes a problem where the app would not launch
Version #20180822 – 22-AUG-2018
- Updated to support dynamic IP address changes & multiple instances of the driver.
Version #20170901 – 01-SEP-2017
- Added Clear Cache functionality for OS 2.10.0. This is used to reset the touchscreen’s webview cache if for some reason the app isn’t loading (most likely due to beta versions).