The Control4 Home Automation system can control nearly all aspects of a customer’s smart home. Several pieces of equipment in today’s technology run on battery power, and until now,here wasn't a useful way to monitor battery levels. With the Battery Agent driver, customers can easily and conveniently check battery levels on any battery-powered device using an icon on their Control4 interface.
When this driver is installed, it will automatically scan the project for all battery type devices and monitor the specific devices battery notification, saving programming time and increasing the value of the Control4 system. Two email types are available for customers and dealers, and text or email notifications can be sent. Also, low battery notifications will be ‘grouped’ together and sent as a single message at a convenient time either in the morning, afternoon, or evening automatically. No more text messages in the middle of the night! No additional hardware is required to experience easy monitoring of your devices’ battery levels!
- Simple Battery Monitoring system for Control4
- Automatic email/text creating and emailing when a battery is low or critical
- Part of the Cinegration Notification Suite
- Supports Cinegration Trial and Showroom license
- Installs in as little as 1 minute
- Control4 Sr260
- Control4 Sr150
- Card Access Equipment
- Nyce Equipment
- C&S (Dammit) Water Sensors
- Control4 thermostat
- QMotion Shades
- And custom command for devices that do not have battery notification internally in driver (example: low battery on security device)
This driver is compatible with Control4 2.9.1 or higher. A strong network connection is required to effectively utilize this driver.
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- Check the power levels on your smart phone, laptop, and tablet all at once using a single icon.
- Know which devices need to be charged to prepare yourself for the following day – no more worrying that your phone or laptop will have enough power to get through the day!
What hardware will this work on?
This driver will work on any Control4 controller running OS 2.9.0 or higher.
Where can I get support if I have an issue?
If you have questions or issues with the driver or integration, please go to https://help.drivercentral.io and submit a ticket.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
All Cinegration Development drivers support the DriverCentral showroom project.
Can I try this driver out before buying it?
All Cinegration Development drivers for Control4 come with a 7-day trial. Simply add the DriverCentral licensing driver along with this driver and you can fully test the driver before purchasing.
Driver is provided by Cinegration Development LLC. All rights reserved.
No posts found
Driver: Battery Agent
Compatible Control4 Systems: 2.9.1
Compatible Hardware: Control4 Remotes, Card Access Equipment, Nyce Equipment, Kwikset, Yale, Black&Decker, Control4 thermostat,HunterDouglas, QMotion Shades, C&S (dam-it) water sensors
Developed by: Cinegration LLC. www.cinegration.com/drivers
Change Log: Please visit https://www.drivercentral.io/platforms/control4-drivers/utility/battery-agent/
- Add driver to project
- Driver will scan project for devices that use batteries (you can always modify this list later via the Device property)
- Set how you want to be notified
- Determine the best notification for the customer
- Choose which Action you want to set a notification (Notify Actions property)
- Set alerts for each Action (see Notify Actions)
- Refresh Navigators
The Driver by default will be displayed under the Security icon of every room.
These are the different 'events' of the driver. As the name implies, you can adjust the 'actions' for each event. Below are the current events and the default notifications that get sent when the event is triggered. Note: the event does not execute if the driver was already in that event.
- OFFLINE. This is triggered when the driver is not registered to a DriverCentral project
- Service Email
- NORMAL. Triggered when all low battery signals report normal or ok.
- No notifications
- LOW. Triggered when at least one battery has been report low for consecutive days
- Push Notification (Alert level)
- Voice Agent ('Attention Low battery level detected') to touchscreens
- Pop up on Navigators
- Email sent to Service Email
- ALERT. Triggered when device goes to critical level.
- Push Notification ('Alert')
- Voice Agent ('Attention battery alert detected') to touchscreens
- Pop up on Navigators
- Customer Email
Setting up Push Notifications
Push Alerts are generated automatically by the driver and no additonal programming is required. Simply having the Push Notification Agent in the project is sufficient. Once the driver sends a push notification, you will see a push notification added with the driver name and driver id.
Note: 4Sight is required to have push notifications work
For customers to receive pushes, they will need to have the Control4 app (2.0) loaded and logged into the home. AFTER they do this, the dealer or customer will need to:
- https://customer.control4.com/ and sign in
- Click My Automation (top left) then Notifications
- Under DEVICES select Configure on the device you want to receive notifications
- Check the boxes for the alert levels of the different categories you want to subscribe to
- We recommend subscribing to all Alarm and Alert events for most installations. Info should only be used for debugging or monitoring a situation
- Select Save
The phone will now receive the alerts.
Setting up Email Notifications
Email or Text notification can be setup by entering in the customers email or phone number (using email-to-sms). CinDev does not use Control4's email server. Instead we use SendGrid which allows for better email support including images and converstation grouping. Because of this 4Sight is not required to use email notifications via the driver!
CinDev has developed a way for custom alerts to be sent to T3 and Digital Audio speaker zones without any dealer programming! This driver can link to an existing Voice Agent driver if found in the project automatically. Dealers can choose to have the Event under Notify Action to send the voice alert to the touchscreens or speaker zone setup. Alternatively a dealer can choose No to disable this feature.
Navigators are Control4 T3 touchscreens, and EA On-Screen navigators. The driver can send a custom popup message to these devices automatically. No dealer programming is required. Options for Navigators is Yes or No
The Battery Agent has the ability to generate a generic or custom battery alert. Use the Simulate Battery Alert command under Control4 programming for devices like security motion detectors or devices that don't automatically get scanned by the battery agent. Note: if you have a device that reports battery levels to Control4 but the driver isn't finding the level, please email: email@example.com and we'll help you out.
Devices that are monitored (c4i file name for reference).
About Driver Notes:
This driver contains code written by Cinegration LLC. Any modification to this driver without the express written permission or without the express consent by Cinegration will void all warranties, constitute a ban on all drivers released by Cinegration and potentially legal action.
This driver has been designed to work with Control4 2.9.1 and higher Control4 systems.
Cinegration strives to provide fully working drivers without defects. However, changes and bugs may be found. Because of this, any bug/maintenance update to this driver will be free of charge. However, due to the ever-changing nature of computer and audio/video systems, if a new version of the Control4® software creates issues with this driver, or feature enhancements, an upgrade version will be provided for an additional expense or free as determined by Cinegration.
- Fixed issue where certain shades were reporting the incorrect variable as battery level
- Fixed issue where devices that report voltage were shown incorrectly
- Added Voice Agent support
- Moved to CinDev Email service to provide better email sending formats
- Email sending no longer requires 4Sight (including Text messages). Push Notification still requires 4Sight
- General code improvements
- Fixed issue where kwikset locks were reporting -1% for level
- Fixed issue with some brand new installations not loading properly
- Added support for PC Navigator Icon
- Offline is now 0% in reporting
- Fixed issue with \t\t\t\t being displayed
- Updated handling of sending out reports (see documentation for more)
- Fixed issue where the driver name not the name of the driver in the proejct was being displayed when viewing batteries
- Fixed issue with C&S devices showing in correct levels. These are now displayed as Voltage
- Added Push Notification to driver
- Cleaned up properties for easier installation
- Removed OpenControl string at end of text message now that Push Notification is installed
- General driver improvements
- Changed Icon
- Added daily SR remote checkin to help improve current level quality on SR250 and SR260 remotes
- Cleaned up text formatting on Reports
- Added grahpic for State Report
- Added experience button, new driver filename added.
- Added Current Battery State Report
- Added popups on Control4 GUI
- Added new battery devices
- Misc bug fixes
- Fixed initial load bug where advanced settings were showing at inital load
- Added more Information text for dealer when printing report
- Official Launch of Driver