APC’s Switched PDU’s allow you to control the power of devices in your customer’s rack. This is extremely useful for energy saving and remote troubleshooting.
Integration into Control4 enables Control4 to do emergency shutdowns on low or high voltage levels or if the total power consumption is exceeding or lower than expected. This ensures that the health of your customer’s rack based equipment is maintained.
You may need to reboot a device that has locked up. Sending a technician on-site can be inconvenient and expensive. This driver will enable you to reboot a device remotely via 4Sight.
- Dynamically import outlets
- Detects how many outlets are present on the unit
- Imports the names of each outlet into the driver’s connections
- Auto import device details into properties page
- Unit Name
- Contact Details
- Up Time
- Model Number
- Present Outlets
- Switched Outlets
- Metered Outlets
- Max Current
- Auto poll for device power consumption (once every 30 seconds). Available in properties page and in Control4 variables.
- Total Current Power Consumption (in watts)
- Total Energy Consumption since birth (in kWh)
- Phase 1, 2 & 3 Voltage (in volts)
- Phase 1, 2 & 3 Current (in amps)
- Phase 1, 2 & 3 Power (in watts)
- Outlet State Control & Feedback
- On / Off / Toggle for all outlets (Instant feedback on switch from Control4 or once every 30 seconds when triggered elsewhere)
What can i use this for?
- Automatically power on or off power amps and other AV equipment when Control4 requires them.
- Automatically power off equipment when high or low voltage is detected.
- Power cycle a device through Control4's navigator interface.
- Turn off all un-neccesary equipment when the security system is armed. Turn them back on when the security system is disarmed.
- Automatically reboot a device if it is locked up (requires Chowmain ping driver)
- Report rack energy usage (requires Chowmain Event Logger Driver)
Why do you only support OS 2.6 and above?
OS 2.6 offers a superior security encryption algorithm and a new and improved driver format. We have decided to only utilise this new format to ensure that the integrity of this driver is not compromised and that we can provide the best dealer/user experience available.
What models will this work for?
This driver will work for the 8XXX range of APC PDU's. It will not work for the 7XXX range of PDU's. It may work for future models of PDU however we recommend that you utilise the trial built into the driver out prior to purchasing a licence.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Version #20211112 – 12-NOV-2021
- Further Improved Debugging
Version #20211007 – 07-OCT-2021
- Improve Debugging
Version #20210119 - 19-JAN-2021
- Updated to new Driver Central licensing
Version #20170710 - 10-JUL-2017
- Migrated to driverCentral
- Implemented Dealer Demo Licencing
Version #20150407 - 07-APR-2015
- Resolved issue where logs on 2.6 systems would fill out controller storage causing system stability issues. This only effects systems where people have set the debug logs to 'print and log' or 'log' and have forgotten about it over longer periods of time.
- Driver will now disconnect if the username, password or ip address field is blank.
Version #20141114 - 14-NOV-2014
- Added min/max event triggers for voltages on all phases
- Added min/max event triggers for total power consumption
- Driver will only connect now if the username, password and IP address properties are filled out
Version #20141114 - 14-NOV-2014
- Converted from c4i to c4z file type
Version #20140729 - 29-JUL-2014
- Fixed issue effecting feedback of outlet states.
- Initial Release