Uniview (abbreviated as UNV) is a video surveillance manufacturer founded in 2005, with headquarters in Hangzhou. Uniview specializes in surveillance equipment, including IP cameras and network video recorders.
Uniview is the pioneer and leader of IP video surveillance. Firstly introduced IP video surveillance to China, Uniview now is the third largest player in video surveillance in China.
Uniview provides professional solutions covering all industries, delivered more than 7000 cases in smart city, transportation, industrial park, commercial, bank, residential, school, healthcare etc.
The Chowmain Uniview driver for Control4 allows integration of PTZ and Fixed IP cameras either direct or through a NVRs with the following functionality.
- Control4 OS 3.0 Support
- Auto setup of camera RTSP stream and Snapshot to be Control4 compatible.
- Pan, Tilt, Zoom and Preset functionality for PTZ cameras.
- Wiper On / Off command for compatible cameras
- Light On / Off command for compatible cameras
- Heater On / Off command for compatible cameras
- IR On / Off command for compatible cameras
- Event notifications
What cool things can we do with this driver?
- Choose which stream to utilise with the driver.
- The driver's Auto setup functionality makes configuration of the cameras quick and easy.
- Access IP camera live streams when behind an NVR
- Access to currently active events that you can bind to sensors for audio detection, motion detection and tamper.
- Trigger camera commands via the Programming tab
- Ability to change the camera resolution to better match Control4’s preferred resolution
What site setups does this driver support?
- One or more standalone cameras connected to shared network switch without a NVR
- One or more cameras physically connected to the rear of a NVR
- One or more cameras physically connected to the rear of an NVR including one or more cameras connected to a shared network switch that are added to the NVR
What models are supported?
This driver is developed using Uniview’s LightAPI and is compatible with all models on NVR and Cameras.
Director is slowing down when smart events are triggered.
If you are using smart events please ensure that the Intelligent Server is not set to LAPI for the Platform Communicaiton Type. It must be set to UNV. Otherwise Director will slow down due to the snapshots being sent constantly through the event stream.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Do you offer other drivers?
We have hundreds of drivers. Many of which are manufacturer sponsored and free. Please visit our website to view all available drivers including FREE drivers.
Version #20231106 - 06-NOV-2023
- Updated documentation to reflect important event stream setup steps.
Version #20230213 - 13-FEB-2023
- Removed Presets from the nonPTZ driver
Version #20221223 - 23-DEC-2022
- Upgrade to new Diagnostics system with Submit Diagnostics, and automatic troubleshooting
Version #20220816 - 16-AUG-2022
- Fixed issue with snapshots for cameras behind NVRs not working after controller reboot.
Version #20220628 - 28-JUN-2022
- Fixed issue with PTZ camera stopping immediately after sending command
Version #20220527 - 27-MAY-2022
- Added support for smart events
- Line Crossing
- Enter Area
- Exit Area
Version #20220525 - 25-MAY-2022
- Initial Release