Uniview Technology (uniview tec); is the secure alternative for IP video security solutions. Based in Texas; uniview tec offers smart, affordable and high quality IP video solutions enabling a secure and safer world. As a market leader, uniview tec drives the industry by launching new, innovative, and feature-rich network products based on industry demands - at an affordable price. Our customers enjoy U.S. based regional sales support, in-house dealer technical support and next day delivery. Uniview Technology has a long history as a solid video security partner.
The Chowmain uniview tec driver for Control4 allows integration of PTZ and Fixed IP cameras either direct or through a NVRs with the following functionality.
- Control4 OS 3.0 Support
- Auto setup of camera RTSP stream and Snapshot to be Control4 compatible.
- Pan, Tilt, Zoom and Preset functionality for PTZ cameras.
- Wiper On / Off command for compatible cameras
- Light On / Off command for compatible cameras
- Heater On / Off command for compatible cameras
- IR On / Off command for compatible cameras
- Event notifications
What cool things can we do with this driver?
- Choose which stream to utilise with the driver.
- The driver's Auto setup functionality makes configuration of the cameras quick and easy.
- Access IP camera live streams when behind an NVR
- Access to currently active events that you can bind to sensors for audio detection, motion detection and tamper.
- Trigger camera commands via the Programming tab
- Ability to change the camera resolution to better match Control4’s preferred resolution
What site setups does this driver support?
- One or more standalone cameras connected to shared network switch without a NVR
- One or more cameras physically connected to the rear of a NVR
- One or more cameras physically connected to the rear of an NVR including one or more cameras connected to a shared network switch that are added to the NVR
Director is slowing down when smart events are triggered.
If you are using smart events please ensure that the Intelligent Server is not set to LAPI for the Platform Communicaiton Type. It must be set to UNV. Otherwise Director will slow down due to the snapshots being sent constantly through the event stream.
What models are supported?
This driver is compatible with all models of uniview tec branded NVR and Cameras.
Where can we purchase the hardware from?
Please visit https://www.univiewtechnology.com/ to find a partner.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Do you offer other drivers?
We have hundreds of drivers. Many of which are manufacturer sponsored and free. Please visit our website to view all available drivers including FREE drivers.
Version #20231106 - 06-NOV-2023
- Updated documentation to reflect important event stream setup steps.
Version 20230404 - 04-APR-2023
- Initial release