Hikvision, who is a popular surveillance manufacturer, produce a range of PTZ and NON PTZ based IP cameras for a range of residential and commercial applications.
As one of our top requested drivers we felt that we needed to create the ultimate Hikvision driver for Control4.
This driver pushes the integration of Hikvision by offering functionality that allows the cameras to push the boundaries of security and home automation. This means that surveillance is no longer just for security but can also be used to trigger motion-based programming like lighting.
- Control4 OS 3.0 Support
- Supports PTZ & Non PTZ Cameras
- View live camera stream on Control4 interface
- PTZ control (Up, Down, Left, Right, Preset, Zoom)
- Control4 Push Notification Snapshot Support (push notification photos to mobile phones)
- Live Events
- Auto-sensing and re-connection of alert stream loss
- Connect to cameras that are behind a Hikvision NVR
- Auto import of events including
- VMD (video motion detection)
- Tamper Detection
- Disk Full
- Disk Error
- Line Motion
- Field Motion
- Video Mismatch
- Region Entrance
- Region Exiting
- Unattended Baggage
- Attended Baggage
- Ability to bind events to contact drivers in Control4 (eg motion sensor driver)
- Programming commands
- Day Night Mode
- Goto Preset
- Auto Flip
- Back to origin
- One touch patrol
- Reboot camera
- Auto Setup of Camera
- You can set camera resolution configuration for best performance for Control4 via a single button press from Composer
- You can set the current position as either a preset or home from Composer
FAQWhat cool things can we do with this driver?
- The driver's Auto setup functionality makes configuration of the cameras quick and easy.
- This driver provides the ability to attach snapshots to Control4 Push Notifications (4sight required). Tie this in with the camera's motion events and your customer can get notified (with an image) if the camera detections motion.
- This camera provides live feedback of events which is useful if you want to tie in lighting to motion and other events.
This will work with Hikvisions range of IP cameras. Some manufacturers OEM Hikvisions cameras and rebadge them as their own so it will also work with those cameras. Please test prior to licence purchase.
What about Hikvisions NVR range?
Currently, we do not support Hivision's NVR range directly however, our driver does support cameras that are connect directly to an NVR. Our long term development roadmap does include supporting NVRs.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Verson #2020423 – 23-04-2020
- Fixed issue with PTZ Properties
Verson #2020422 – 22-04-2020
- Added ability to access cameras connected to an NVR
- Improved handling of complex passwords
- Improved creation of bindings for event triggers
Verson #20200320 – 20-03-2020
- Added field to the Properties tab to reverse the pan and tilt commands to the PTZ driver
- Updated FAQ
- Version #20191230 - 30-DEC-2019
- Fixed bug that incorrectly creates the bindings
Version #20191223 – 23-DEC-2019
- Fixed bug with stream URL creation
- Minor changes to documentation
- Update to handling of binding creation
- Initial Release