Hikvision, who is a popular surveillance manufacturer, produce a range of PTZ and NON PTZ based IP cameras for a range of residential and commercial applications.
As one of our top requested drivers we felt that we needed to create the ultimate Hikvision driver for Control4.
This driver pushes the integration of Hikvision by offering functionality that allows the cameras to push the boundaries of security and home automation. This means that surveillance is no longer just for security but can also be used to trigger motion-based programming like lighting.
- Control4 OS 3.0 Support
- Remote control simulation / Hikvision onscreen control over IP for I series NVR and K series DVR (via customised firmware)
- Supports PTZ & Non PTZ Cameras
- View live camera stream on Control4 interface
- PTZ control (Up, Down, Left, Right, Preset, Zoom)
- Control4 Push Notification Snapshot Support (push notification photos to mobile phones)
- Live Events
- Auto-sensing and re-connection of alert stream loss
- Connect to cameras that are behind a Hikvision NVR
- Auto import of events including
- VMD (video motion detection)
- Tamper Detection
- Disk Full
- Disk Error
- Line Motion
- Field Motion
- Video Mismatch
- Region Entrance
- Region Exiting
- Unattended Baggage
- Attended Baggage
- Licence Plate Detection (for supported cameras)
- Ability to bind events to contact drivers in Control4 (eg motion sensor driver)
- Licence Plate Number Variable (for supported cameras)
- Programming commands
- Day Night Mode
- Goto Preset
- Auto Flip
- Back to origin
- One touch patrol
- Reboot camera
- Auto Setup of Camera
- You can set camera resolution configuration for best performance for Control4 via a single button press from Composer
- You can set the current position as either a preset or home from Composer
What about Hikvisions NVR and DVR range?
The driver supports cameras connected to the rear of NVRs for live view of cameras along with PTZ and events. It also supports onscreen navigation for certain NVR and DVR products..
The following models provide onscreen navigation via a customised firmware developed by Hikvision in partnership with us.
TurboHD DVR - 72xxHUHI-K2 series
Network Video Recorders - 76/77/96xx I Series NVR
What cool things can we do with this driver?
- The driver's Auto setup functionality makes configuration of the cameras quick and easy.
- This driver provides the ability to attach snapshots to Control4 Push Notifications (4sight required). Tie this in with the camera's motion events and your customer can get notified (with an image) if the camera detections motion.
- This camera provides live feedback of events which is useful if you want to tie in lighting to motion and other events.
- View the Hikvision NVR and DVR onscreen display via its HDMI output and control it via IP. This is compatible with I series NVR and K series DVR products using a customised firmware that Hikvision developed for us.
- Certain cameras have the ability to detect licence plates. These cameras provide events in Control4 along with variables on the detected plate number. Use it to open gates and garage doors automatically!
This will work with Hikvisions range of IP cameras, DVRs and NVRs. Some manufacturers OEM Hikvisions cameras and rebadge them as their own so it will also work with those cameras. Please test prior to licence purchase.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Version #20211021 - 21-OCT-2021
- Fixed issue with PTZ snapshot failing
Version #20211004 - 4-OCT-2021
- Added programming for strobe light and audio alarm triggering
- Improved handling of ANPR detection to more reliably set the ANPR_LICENSEPLATE variable with the detected licence plate
- Added property to manually set snapshot URL in cases where the auto detection fails
- Added Licence plate detection to nonPTZ driver. Including licence plate variable for integrators to program against
- Improved collection of available Basic and Smart Events for creating bindings
- Added NVR driver based on satellite proxy
Version #20210121 - 21-JAN-2021
- Increased Properties Preferred Stream to 10
Version #20210119 – 19-JAN-2021
- Updated to new Driver Central licensing
- Improved handling of triggers from NVRs and DVRs
Version #20200616 - 16-JUN-2020
- Added the ability to read newer camera triggers for creation of bindings for event triggers
Version #20200522 - 22-MAY-2020
- Added Enable Alert Processing option in Properties tab to reduce controller load on systems with a large number of cameras
- Added better handling of complex passwords
Verson #2020423 – 23-04-2020
- Fixed issue with PTZ Properties
Verson #2020422 – 22-04-2020
- Added ability to access cameras connected to an NVR
- Improved handling of complex passwords
- Improved creation of bindings for event triggers
Verson #20200320 – 20-03-2020
- Added field to the Properties tab to reverse the pan and tilt commands to the PTZ driver
- Updated FAQ
- Version #20191230 - 30-DEC-2019
- Fixed bug that incorrectly creates the bindings
Version #20191223 – 23-DEC-2019
- Fixed bug with stream URL creation
- Minor changes to documentation
- Update to handling of binding creation
- Initial Release