Elk's M1 Controls incorporate security, fire, door entry control, and energy & task management to provide total control of home or business. By working with products from over 50 partner manufacturers the M1 Gold offer a truly integrated solution. These IP accessible systems offer simple, yet powerful on-site and remote user interfaces, giving the consumer full control anytime, from anywhere.
The Chowmain M1 driver for Control4 offers extensive integration of the M1 functionality to truly expand Control4's functionality to not only security based services but also occupancy, input/output expansion for automation tasks, Access control, lighting and more.
The driver is compatible with both Ness and ELK M1 systems.
End User Alarm Interface Features
- Full support for all 8 areas
- Large variety of arming modes - Away, Stay, Stay instant, Night, Vacation, Disarm
- Bypass/unbypass functionality, with Zone bypass feedback
- Alarm Code change function (Can be disabled by Installer)
- Virtual Function Button Support - F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6
- Fire, Panic, Police and Medical Emergency functionality built into alarm (Requires configuration and testing by Installer).
- Invalid User Code Feedback
- Both detailed and simple Zone feedback options, with zone list
- Visual feedback of Warnings and Trouble
- History support
- Output Control and Feedback for all outputs (requires configuration by Installer)
- Customer/Client Door Access Administration with Wiegand Learning Support
- Email and Push notifications for major events (including usernames)
- Events for AC Failures, AC Restoration, Battery Low , Remote Fob and more
- Huge Library of events including Trouble, Function Key Feedback, Tasks and Keypad Accesses for Door Access
- Quickly Configure Push/Email notifications for major events
- Alarm State Events, including an improved Alarm Event.
- M1 and M1XEP version Feedback
- Powerful logging functions via Control4 Composer History
- User Accessible Alarm Code Modification (can be disabled by Installer).
- M1 Counters (Requires Manual Polling by Installer)
- Automatic Clock Sync
- Temperature integration
- Powerful Commands are provided including:
- Activation of Tasks
- Bypass Zones. Unbypass Zones or partitions.
- Change User Code
- Display Text On Keypad
- Function Key Presses
- Polling/Writing of M1 Counters
- Panel Clock Sync
- Toggle Outputs
- Basic support for M1 Lighting. Lights, Relays and Dimmers integration via M1 for greater integration and Advanced Lighting Support.
- Zone integration via Contact Closure
- Temperature Sensor
- Keypad bindings for
- RF Keyfob
- Keypad Function Buttons
What cool things can driver do?
- The included lock proxy allows you to manage wiegand interfaces for access control permissions.
- If you are using RS232 based communications the clock on the keypads usually drift after a while. The driver will automatically sync the clock to the controller's time so that it will always be accurate.
- The driver provides push and email notificaitons without programming for all major events. This is useful for the home owner to know who armed or disarmed the area.
- Keypad bindings for keypad function buttons and RF keyfob buttons makes it easy to program the driver.
- Advanced History agent integration allows the custom to review whats happened in their home easily without having to sift through replicated events.
- Lighting and Temperature sensor integration
What module is required to connect to the panel via network
Whilst this module supports serial, we recommend the use of IP, using a M1-XEP module which also helps facilitate reconfiguration of the panel locally or remotely (with port forwarding or a seperate VPN server/router), without the requirement to disconnect the Control4 system. Keep in mind, whilst connected in ELKRP, Control4 cannot connect properly to the Ness M1, but will automatically try to reconnect after ELKRP has disconnected
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
- Fix Notifications system. On some controllers, Notifications may not have operated correctly previously.
- Upgrade Email Notifications code to improve future compatibility.
- New Unsafe Programming Configuration change
Installers are now required to explicitly allow programming access to Arming, Bypass and Unbypass commands via the new "Allow Unsafe Programming Commands" action
On systems with communications problems (particularly Serial systems which have been disconnected temporarily), or in other exceptional circumstances, bypass and arming commands may cause the opposite command to be activated incorrectly. This is due to the behavior of the ELK M1 ARM command which disarms when already armed, or bypassing which toggles when already in that state.
Whilst safeguards have been built in to help prevent this scenario (we check the state of the alarm shortly before), the state of the panel can potentially change during this time, causing the unsafe command to be executed anyway. For that reason, installers are now required to explicitly enable UNSAFE commands to acknowledge they understand the risks. Potentially safer workarounds include:
- Use M1 rules directly
- Use of Tasks
- M1 will disarm alarm when arming twice. Block Arming when in armed state
- Update Arming state in first stage during initialisation. Fixes potential issue with double arming bug during initialisation.
- Force Arm Stay / Away by Default
- By Popular Demand, Reactivate Partition Enable support (Requires Controller Reboot).
- Initial Public Release
- Fix Arming Conditionals
- Simplify Arming Modes
- Auto Setup failed if started with ELKRP connected