Yeelight manufactures a range of affordable Wifi controlled LED lighting products. The range consists of dimmable RGB bulbs, White bulbs, Lamps, Ceiling lights and strip based LED lighting. These products do not need a hub like other wireless lighting products and integrate directly into Control4 with Chowmain’s Yeelight driver. This two way driver allows users to dim the light, change the color of the light, change the color temperature of the light and more.
With our new V2 OS3.3+ driver, Chowmain's driver now supports Control4's new native ColorWheel and white temperature selector and is easier to setup than ever.
- Two way control/feedback.
- Instant feedback if LED controlled from another application.
- Automatic Discovery of Yeelight
- Self Healing on change of IP Address
- ColorWheel Support (V2 / OS 3.3+ required)
- User accessible, Installer configurable Light Color Flow Effects support (V2 / OS 3.3+ required)
- Graphical White Temperature Selection (V2 / OS 3.3+ Required)
- Automatically configure driver capabilities based on model detection.
- Change RGB color via navigator
- Change Brightness via navigator
- Change Color temperature via navigator
- Program color flows from Composer
- Advanced Lighting Scene Support
What is the difference between the V1 and V2 drivers?
Our new and improved V2 driver requires OS3.3+ and offers considerable new functionality including:
- ColorWheel Support
- White Temperature Selector
- User Accessible, Installer defined Effects using ColorFlow using Control4's Extras interface
- Native support for Advanced Light Color / White Temperature based scenes
- Improved diagnostics support
- Improved management of light capabilities.
- Automatic renaming (local names only supported. Please note, the official Yeelight application uses cloud naming instead)
- V2 requires OS3.3.0+
- Scene ramping support
- Support for Dimmer Load Support (not compatible with Color lights)
We recommend upgrading all customers to V2 when possible for the best experience
Why is this better than other RGB solutions?
- This is an extremely affordable solution which does not require an additional hub to operate.
- We have full control over pretty much every function including color, temperature, brightness and even color flows. With OS3.3+, full support for Control4's new ColorWheel and White temperature selection is now natively supported.
- We have instantaneous two way feedback. If the customer uses the original application Control4 gets the change immediately.
Where can I purchase this product from?
Yeelight can be purchased from Amazon and other online retailers in both 220v and 110v formats.
What hardware will this work on?
Note The Bedside Lamp is not compatible with our driver as it uses Bluetooth instead of WiFi
Why isn't Auto-Rename operating on V2 Driver?
- Auto-Rename only applies to device names stored on the device directly. The official app instead stores module names directly on the cloud
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Version 20220826 - 2022-AUG-26
- Enhance Documentation (All)
- Major Low Level Performance Optimisation for OS3. Requires Controller Reboot to take effect (All) - Thanks SnapAV
- Improve Logging
Version 20220727 - 2022-JUL-27
- Fix Crash during discovery (Light V2) - Thanks Mitch
- Improve Performance (Light V2)
- Improve Diagnostics and Troubleshooting (All)
Version 20220627 - 2022-JUN-27
- Mono lights may still incorrectly report they are using CCT color mode, despite no support for it. Fixes Crash.. (Light V2) - Thanks Amr
- Add Missing Diagnostics metrics (Light V2) - Thanks Amr
Version 20220621 - 2022-JUN-21 [STABLE]
- Add Delay for Color Wheel to prevent hitting quotas (Light V2) - Thanks OceanDad
- Improve Diagnostics (Light V2)
- Improve international locale support (Light V2)
Version 20220615 - 2022-JUN-15 [STABLE]
This is a major bugfix release. The biggest change is improved scene handling
- Add Click/Hold Rate Support (Light V2) - Thanks Daniel Biasioli
- Minimum Hold Ramp Rate should be 5 seconds (Light V2)
- Improve Debugging. Add Automatic Error Reporting (All)
- Fix Ramping.. Light now correctly ramps on and off (Light V2) - Thanks
- Major Improvements to Scenes. Scenes now have silky smooth transitions (Light V2)
Version 20220609 - 2022-JUN-09 [STABLE]
- Fix Crash picked up in Automated Test during discovery (V1)
Version 20220608 - 2022-JUN-08 [STABLE]
- Fix Voice Scene / Alexa support (Light) - Thanks Trey Nolan / Eldon
Version #20220602 - 02-JUN-2022
Major New Release
Introducing our new OS3.3.0 V2 Yeelight Lighting Driver
Native Color Wheel / Graphical White Temperature Selection
User accessible, Installer configurable Light Color Flow Effects support
Improved Capabilities support
Native RGB commands and Advanced Lighting Scenes
Auto Rename (uses local name only. Does not support Cloud names which are used by the Yeelight App)
Button Links for Hue, Brightness and Temperature to enable control from external switches / Buttons. Basic Dimmer behavior supported (V2)
Dimmer Load Group Support. Please note, Color / White Temperature is not supported
Add Submit Diagnostics, and Display Diagnostics Support (All)
Fix Auto Discovery Regression (All)
We want to thank Mitch Greenfield for bug reports.
Version #20211110 - 10-NOV-2021
- Improve Debugging
Version #20211007 – 07-OCT-2021
- Improve Debugging
Version #20210119 - 19-JAN-2021
- Updated to new Driver Central licensing
Version #20200507 – 07-MAY-2020
- Implemented TOGGLE_PRESET command. Fun fact. Control4 has 4 different commands for TOGGLE across different devices.
Version #20190712 - 12-JUL-2019
- Fixed issue with instant feedback for colors.
Version #20181127 - 27-NOV-2018
- Fixed issue with RTF documentation
- Updated documentation to reflect changes in hardware setup procedure
Version #20170831 – 31-AUG-2017
- Improved searching for yeelights
- Improvements to Mono and RGB strip lighting.
- Made it so that RGB and color temp values goto 0 when they are off (helps with showing that lights are off in that room)
- Added top button, bottom button and toggle button bindings (for on/off/toggle commands - does not dim)
- Added property "On Command Goes To". This is used to set a level after sending an On command or Toggle command (by default On commands just goto the last level with Yeelight).
Version #20170817 - 17-AUG-2017
- Changed RGB values in properties and commands to color wheel.
- Added Toggle, On and Off commands
Version 20170816 - 16 AUG 2017
- Initial Release