Over the last decade, Lightwave has helped pioneer a revolution in home heating, lighting and power control: the ‘smart home’. Just a few years ago, the idea that your home could be enhanced by smartphone apps or voice control may have seemed out of reach, but with Lightwave it is here today.
Lightwave devices look smart and act smart. Behind the sleek exterior, built-in wireless technology allows all of our devices to communicate, via the Lightwave Link Plus hub
Lightwave is a modular system, so you can start with just a single device, or control a whole appartment suite. All you need to get started is their smart hub: the Link Plus
Lightwave is simple to install as it is based on ‘retrofit’ technology which uses the same wiring and backboxes as standard fittings. Once installed, dimmers and sockets can be operated using traditional manual buttons as well as bi-directional control through Control4 using the Chowmain Lightwave driver.
- Automatic import and naming of Devices
- Bi-directional control & feedback
- Supported Devices (but not limited to)
Why is this product so exciting?
Lightwave provides some pretty unique devices for the UK and EU markets. For example they have recessed in-wall outlets with both EU and UK plugs. It also provides wireless battery operated raditator valve control as well. See brochure below for information about Lightwave products.
How does Lightwave Work?
Lightwave utilises proprietary RF to communicate between their devices. The Lightwave Link Plus hub allows communiction of their devices with the outside world. Lightwave provided us with some training slides that help explain the fundamentals of their product.
Isn't Lightwave RF one-way?
Previous versions were one-way. The current hardware is bi-directional. In fact we get instantaneous feedback from their devices. For example their Magnetic Trigger device fires immediately on change.
Does this driver work with v1 devices?
The Link Plus hub integrates the v1 devices and as such our driver works with the v1 devices. The driver does not integrate the older hub.
Is there anything we need to be made aware of?
- The driver requires internet connectivity for control as it communicates via the Lightwave RF cloud servers.
How do i become a Lightwave recommended installer?
Lightwave's established network of PRO installers are experts on how to install and configure Lightwave products. If you are a qualified electrician who is looking to broaden your home automation offering, you can sign up for the next free training webinar and be eligible to become a Lightwave PRO.
See PDF for more information
Where can i buy this product from?
You can purchase lightwave from the following retailers
EU / DUBAI
Currys PC World
Selfridges & Co
You can also purchase the product from the following UK wholesalers
Alternatively you can search for your local stockist
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Version #20221219 - 19-DEC-2022
- Upgrade to new Diagnostics system with Submit Diagnostics, and automatic troubleshooting
Version #20220428 – 28-APR-2022
- Added support for L92 heater switch. It is now combined with the radiator valve driver as both are
similar functionality wise.
- If cloud service is offline for some reason the driver will scale back reconnection attempts.
Version #20220221 – 21-FEB-2022
- Fixed issue effecting schedules on Sunday. Note that you will need to recreate Sunday schedules for fix to take effect.
- Added Type F (EU) and Type G (UK) power outlet icons to socket driver as options. You can now chose the icon type via drop down in the driver’s properties.
Version #20211112 – 12-NOV-2021
- Improve Debugging
Version #20210416 – 16-APR-2021
- Fixed issue with websocket reconnecting when it does not need to reconnect
Version #20210326 – 26-MAR-2021
- Updated to new Lightwave Authentication
Version #20210202 - 02-FEB-2021
- Fixed issue effecting schedules not firing for HVAC devices.
- Updated driverCentral licencing.
Version #20200924 - 24-SEP-2020
- Fixed issue with schedules not firing for HVAC devices.
- Added support for Magnetic Trigger devices. Bind these to any contact closure input in Control4 (eg Door, Garage Door, Window, etc).
Version #20200911 - 11-SEP-2020
- Implemented websockets for instant feedback
Version #20200909 - 09-SEP-2020
- Fixed issue resolving bindings not being recreated on driver init
Version #20200825 - 25-AUG-2020
- Added support for older connect series dimmers
Version #20200730 - 30-JUL-2020
- Initial Release