The Cinegration driver for tekmar allows a tekmar HVAC system to be fully integrated with Control4.
Many C4 dealers encounter situations where the Control4 Thermostat is not sophisticated enough to handle radiant floor heating and special HVAC applications. Often the HVAC installer will install a tekmar system to handle these applications. Until now the Control4 dealer had to say to the customer 'Sorry, but we can't integrate with tekmar'. Not any longer!
This driver takes information from the tekmar system and converts it to Control4 information using the existing Control4 Thermostat Proxy system. What this means to you as the dealer is you can provide the same solution to your customer with this driver as you do with normal Control4 thermostats. All the information from the tekmar system is presented on the standard Control4 interfaces. Any changes made on either system are communicated to the other. It's a seamless integration.
- Utilizes standard Control4 thermostat interface.
- Support for Heat, Cool, Auto modes, Heat/Cool Setpoints, Current Temperature, Fahrenheit and Celsius, Active State and Outdoor Temperature.
- Works with an unlimited number of thermostats in one system
- Support for Presets or Scenes on Control4 interface (Control4 2.7.0)
- Automatic setup of driver based off what the thermostat can/can't do
- Device Inventory Button to list under the LUA tab all the thermostats in the system.
- Network Error event for errors that occur on the tekmar gateway.
- Outdoor Temperature event/variable for Control4 Programming.
- Humidity Support (requires Control4 2.7.0)
- Snow Melt Control including STORM and MELTING MODES (all 12 areas supported!)
- Non-Standard Setpoint devices (161, 162) -> Boiler, Hot Tub, Snow Melt etc...
- Messaging of tekmar hardware errors (Control4 2.7.0)
If you need a tN4 482 Gateway, please purchase from here: Hardware Site
Driver is provided by Cinegration LLC. All right reserved.
No posts found
UPDATE (10.29.2015): Verify that your tekmar system is properly updated! Irregular actions wil happen if its not. Currently tekmar 482 firmware is at 149 protocol 2. To update please visit: http://tekmarcontrols.com/products/accessories/482.html
Purpose of Driver:Many C4 dealers encounter situations where the Control4 Thermostat is not sophisticated enough to handle radiant floor heating and special HVAC applications. Often the HVAC installer will install a tekmar system to handle these applications. Until now, the Control4 dealer had to say to the customer 'Sorry, but we can't integrate with tekmar'. Not any longer! This driver takes information from the tekmar system and converts it to Control4 information using the existing Control4 Thermostat Proxy system. What this means to you as the dealer is you can provide the same solution to your customer with this driver as you do with normal Control4 thermostats.
- Snow Melt Control (Customers can now engage and disengage melting for all 12 zone of tekmar snow melting). Note: Must use tekmar 654
- Setpoint type devices now supported (161 and 162 thermostats)
- Humidity Control now supported (via OS 2.7.0)
- Utilizes standard Control4 thermostat interface. This means that 'all' control4 enabled interfaces work with this driver
- Support for Heat, Cool, Auto modes, Heat/Cool Setpoints, Current Temperature, Fahrenheit and Celsius, Active State and Outdoor Temperature
- Works with an undetermined amount of thermostats in one system (currently has been tested to 32 but has been designed to be unlimited)
- Driver uses a polling or auto reporting system. This is now an installer options depending on the requirements of the system and size (auto reporting is recommended only on HC1000 systems)
- Device Inventory Button to list under the LUA tab all the thermostats in the system
- Network Error event for errors that occur on the tekmar gateway
- Outdoor Temperature event/variable for Control4 Programming
- Utilize tekmar Slab or Air setpoints
Setup/Installation of Driver and Gateway
ñ Driver requires tN4 482 Gateway to be installed with RS232 communication between Control4 and the Gateway
ñ One Cat5e cable (568A or B) from the tn4 482 to the Control4 system should be connected
ñ Install Gateway according to tekmar installation instructions (should be done by qualified HVAC company)
ñ This driver requires that each tekmar thermostat have a unique static address to work. Below explains how to assign static addresses. Please record the addresses for each thermostat. The Port and Bus will not be listed on the thermostat. The address is a 4 digit number that is formatted: PBNN
◦ P = the Port on the tN4 Bus (acceptable numbers are: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4). The port is easy to tell as a 'LED' will be lit on the front of the tN4 gateway. Usually this is either 0 or 1 (Note: in very large or multi-boiler system you may have multiple ports being used)
◦ B = the System bus that is controlling. This is the actual 'system' that controls the thermostats
▪ 274, 275, 400, 401, 402 , 420, 421, 423 tN4 Boiler Bus = 1
▪ 402, 422, Mix2, 423 (Bus2) tN4 Boiler Bus = 2
▪ 423 (Bus3) tN4 = 3
▪ 423 (Bus4) tN4 = 4
▪ No Boiler Bus = 0
◦ NN = the 'static' address of the thermostat.
▪ 527 through 540 - press and hold the up and down arrows together and wait until the display shows "Adjust Address XX Auto", where the address number and the word auto alternate. Then press the up arrow button until the address shows an constant address.
- 541 through 546 - press the menu button until the "Misc" menu is located. Then press the item button until the display shows "Address XX Auto", where the address number and the word auto alternate. Then press the up arrow button until the address shows an constant addressAddress Example: Customer has a boiler bus (423 tN4 Bus 1) wired to port 0 on the Gateway with a static address of 23. So the 'address' will be 0123
ñ Note: Software version 2.0.0 of this driver now includes a Device Inventory which will list all the current thermostats on the tekmar system including Port, Bus and Address.
- On the right side of the 'System Design' page, select 'Search' and choose manufacturer 'TekMar'.
- Add the tN4 Gateway (RS232) driver to the project and enter your activation code Note: There is a 24 hour trial period built into the driver for system setup and for basic demo features
- Under Connections, 'bind' the tN4 driver to the correct RS232 connection.
- Go back to System Design and Search, Device Type: Control4 Wireless Thermostat and choose tekmar Heat Only or Thermostat if you need A/C also.
- Continue to add thermostats until you have added all the thermostats to the project
- Under Connections, select each room and bind the Temperature and Temperature Control for each thermostat accordingly
- Under System Design, Click on each thermostat and add the correct address in the tekmar address field. Once all thermostats have been setup correctly, go to the main tekmar tN4 Gateway (RS232) driver, under actions and press 'Link Tstat Addresses’ This will create a table in the driver binding the tekmar address with the Control4 address Note: If you need to change an address after this has been done, under each thermostat drivers 'action' tab, there is a single link tstat that will update only this address.
- Under Actions, choose which type of reporting you require for your project. Polling will update the Control4 heat, cool, mode and temperature at regular intervals but may take as long as 2 minutes between requests. Auto Reporting updates the Control4 properties as soon as they change on the tekmar. This does require a larger amount of director load so it is recommended to only enable this if you have a HC800 running.
RS232 communication isn’t working:
There are a couple of tips for this. See image below for proper 482 hardware setup
- The LED that is ‘ON’ for Bus 0,1,2,3,4 is the ‘PORT’ number for you thermostats. If there are no LED’s on, there is no communication on the tekmar tN4 network.
- The dip switch in the top right of the unit must be set to ‘ON’
- Always use the RS232 adapter that comes with the tekmar unit. The recommended 568 configuration on the RJ45 should be A
- If all the connections are good, to verify communication go to the main driver, under Actions Press Device Inventory. Below is an example of the lua output window of what would appear in a properly running system:
- Cinegration has added ‘Device Inventory’ to the main driver to help dealersfigure out if the RS232 is working or what the Port and Bus are. To use this feature, go to the main driver, ACTIONS and press Device Inventory. Under the lua tab something like this should appear:
Getting list from tekmar of all devices on the system. Turning off Debug Mode so data output window is useful
DeviceInventory. Address to be entered in a thermostat: 0002 (Actual TekMar address: 0200)
DeviceInventory. Address to be entered in a thermostat: 0001 (Actual TekMar address: 0100)
DeviceInventory. Address to be entered in a thermostat: 0000 (Actual TekMar address: 0000)
- As you can see the 482 received 2 responses from tekmar, address 0002 and address 0001. Note: Not all thermostats will show up every time when this presses it’s more for RS232 debugging and Port/Bus troubleshooting. In this example our Port is 0 and the Bus is 0. The address is: 01 and 02.
6: RS232 Adapter may be incorrect. Below is a description of the RS232 settings required for tekmar:
7: Firmware may be incorrect… As of version 7.0.5+ the Cinegration tekmar 482 driver now requires the tekmar 482 to be on Firmware 142 Protocol 2 or later. If communication with tekmar is good, the driver will list the current Firmware/Protocol on the main driver as shown here:
If you do not have this firmware please click this link for an explanation of how to update the firmware:
Cinegration strives to provide fully working drivers without defects. However, changes and bugs may be found. Because of this, any bug/maintenance update to this driver within 6 months of purchase will be free of charge. However, due to the ever changing nature of computer and audio/video systems, if a new version of the Control4® software creates issues with this driver, or feature enhancements, an upgrade version will be provided for an additional expense as determined by Cinegration LLC.
Thank you for choosing a driver by: Cinegration LLC.
Fixed issue where outdoor temp requests where no outdoor temp was installed was returning an invalid value
Polling timer is now hidden from dealers
Fixed issue where snowmelt off alerts were not being received by the driver.
- Fixed issue where Cool and Heat setpoints were not getting sent to the 482
- Updated drivers to support Protocol 3
- Updated driver to support viewing Floor temperature or Room Air Temperature
- Fixed issue with polling not working (LUA ERROR)
- migration to driverCentral
- Conversion of Driver to HouseLogix Market
- Updated License issue with rebooting
- Began transition to 2.7.0 Director Software
- Added Frost Index to Humidity Driver
- NOTE: Cinegration is discontinuing control4_thermostat_TekMar_Heat driver and will only have 1 thermostat driver from now on
- Major Feature updates/enhancements for Control4 2.7.0
- License Software Update
- Fixed issue where Thermostat 557 and 552 Thermostats were showing incorrect device type information
- Fixed issue where Device Inventory was showing the wrong addresses
- Added new troubleshooting tips into drivers documentation (with Pictures!)
- Added Scheduling tab and support for scheduling from Control4
- Driver updates only in C which should make setpoint values more precise
- Fixed issue where Humidity was being hid always
- Added new feature to disallow preset changes from other thermostat
- Added ability to update from 7.x.x to 8.x.x without re-programming drivers (please test completely before leaving project)
- Internal Bugs/Update
- When adding a prset and not defining all setpoints (heat, cool, etc..) would cause an error. This has been fixed
- Fixed issue when modifying preset data from another preset would be lost. Each thermostat is now responsible for maintain its preset table.
- Changed preset programming to only affect the local thermostat. Dealer option to broadcast works correctly now. Note: if ‘listening’ tstat does not have the preset name it won’t update to that preset.
- Upon reboot of control4. Home, Away and Vacation would revert back to default settings thus overriding user defined setpoints. This has been fixed
- Added HVAC_MODE support to preset menu
- Added event for when RS232 communication fails do….
- 8.0.13 (11/19/2015)
- Fixed issue where setpoints would revert back to the previous setting occasionall
- This issue was caused when tekmar would send the previous setpoint update after a new setpoint was set. This caused the Control4 interface to reflect the previous setpoint and not the correct version. The driver now recognizes this, waits 10 seconds then collects the correct setpoint from tekmar.
- Fixed issue where checksum values were not registering correctly. This caused some commands to not be accepted by 482
- Added block for thermostats that have humidity (557) but the dealer did not want this to be shown on the Control4 interfaces.
- Fixed issue where setpoints would revert back to the previous setting occasionall
- 8.0.14 (11/24/2015)
- Added polling feature for HVAC_MODE. This timer will request the current mode of the thermostat randomly between 30 and 75 seconds.
- Removed certain debug messages for clarity
- 8.0.15 (3.22.2016)
- Added support for 532 Thermostat
- 8.0.16 (5.5.2016)
- Fixed issue when after a reboot of Control4 the thermostats would always revert back to Fahrenheit
- Added tekmar icons
- 8.0.17 (8.18.2016)
- Added in support of Cinegration Showroom License
- 8.0.18 (10.26.2016)
- Fixed issue with driver only supporting up to 90F on a setpoint. This has been changed to 210F. Primary use of this was for boiler adjustment
- Changed RS232 delay from 1 second to 3 seconds between messages to tekmar
- Updated RS232 event buffer
- Updated Humidity Settings
- Added show/hide parameter for humidification and dehumidification control per thermostat (Note: driver will disable this if the thermostat does not have this feature)
- Updated Scheduling on thermostats
- Optimized initial setup sequence on thermostats
- Added Global Low Temperature email notification (if any thermostat is below setpoint, send and email to the customer)
- Added in Fan mode adjustment (some homes do not have High, Medium, Low on their fans. This can now be modified per thermostat)