The Cinegration driver for tekmar allows a tekmar HVAC system to be fully integrated with Control4.
Many C4 dealers encounter situations where the Control4 Thermostat is not sophisticated enough to handle radiant floor heating and special HVAC applications. Often the HVAC installer will install a tekmar system to handle these applications. Until now the Control4 dealer had to say to the customer 'Sorry, but we can't integrate with tekmar'. Not any longer!
This driver takes information from the tekmar system and converts it to Control4 information using the existing Control4 Thermostat Proxy system. What this means to you as the dealer is you can provide the same solution to your customer with this driver as you do with normal Control4 thermostats. All the information from the tekmar system is presented on the standard Control4 interfaces. Any changes made on either system are communicated to the other. It's a seamless integration.
August 2020 Update, NEW V2 DRIVER:
Cindev is always working to perfect our integragtion solutions. With the development of the 486 (IP version) coming soon, we felt we should update the 482 (RS232) driver set to better fit our current frameworks and code. Because of this, Cindev has just finalized a new version of the 482 tekmar drivers! These drivers replace the existing driver and have a much cleaner installation and faster usability.
- Simplified installation
- Better addressing for thermostats
- Automatic driver configuration once driver connects with the thermostat
- Humidity Level, Humidify and Dehumidify setpoints
- Auto, Heat, Cool mode adjustment
- Dual temperature monitoring. Tekmar thermostats support multiple temperature sensors. The driver has a selection to choose which temperature. This is located under the Settings tab in the proxy!
- Dual setpoint thermostats. Customers can now choose which setpoint of the thermostat they want to adjust. Adjust the Floor setpoint or the Room setpoint via the Extras Tab
- Preset and Scheduling supported
- Snow melt group on/off control
- Single setpoint thermostats with ability to customize the range (32F - 210F)
- Faster communication and better logging tools
- Works on Android, iPhone, iPad, and Control4 Touchscreens
This driver is compatible with Control4 2.9, 2.10 and OS 3.
A single license will unlock as many instances of the driver as needed in your project. Cloud Driver is required to activate all DriverCentral licenses and trials. To find out more about drivercentral features click here. Additionally, here is a quick video that demonstrates the licensing process.
All Cinegration Development drivers for Control4 come with a 7-day trial. Simply add the DriverCentral licensing driver along with this driver and you can fully test the driver before purchasing. Including Cinegration Development drivers in your showroom project will give you unlimited use without purchase.
Driver is provided by Cinegration Development LLC. All rights reserved.
No posts found
Access the full installers guide that includes driver setup instructions as well as driver feature details here:
Additional relevant guides:
For a full description of terms and conditions pertaining to Cinegration Development's drivers please visit www.cindev.com/terms-and-conditions
Thermostat drivers will now report offline state when no rs232 is present. Maybe delayed by 5 minutes
Improved RS232 errors and disconnects
Added check for invalid RS232 connection would loopback information (EA1,EA3,EA5 1/8" Mini RS232 connections)
Fixed issue where Scale would change after reboot
Fixed issue where changing Min/Max levels of single setpoints would revert back to original after a while
Improved storing of Settings in thermostat drivers
Added feature to hide certain thermostat options from Customer Navigation
Added Vacation Mode feature (Composer Programming)... Note: does not work on single setpoint thermostat
Improved initial loading on large projects
Removed messaging to customer for Lost Communication
Added warning for Unknown thermostat
Added disabling humidity controls per thermostat
Added test for Auto Report dipswitch enabled/disabled
Added block for improper temperature settings
Fixed lua error on polling on certain thermostats
Fixed issue where some setpoints would not be executed
- Fixed issue where initial communication didn't work correctly
Fixed buffer incorrect size issue
Fixed issue where certain 161 thermostats were sending an incorrect device type
- 1014 (V2 Beta)
New version of integration
Requires new installation of new driver
Must be running OS 2.10.6, or 3.0+
Fixed issue where custom fan modes were not being reapplied on a director reboot.
Fixed issue where outdoor temp requests where no outdoor temp was installed was returning an invalid value
Polling timer is now hidden from dealers
Fixed issue where snowmelt off alerts were not being received by the driver.
- Fixed issue where Cool and Heat setpoints were not getting sent to the 482
- Updated drivers to support Protocol 3
- Updated driver to support viewing Floor temperature or Room Air Temperature
- Fixed issue with polling not working (LUA ERROR)
- migration to driverCentral
- Conversion of Driver to HouseLogix Market
- Updated License issue with rebooting
- Began transition to 2.7.0 Director Software
- Added Frost Index to Humidity Driver
- NOTE: Cinegration is discontinuing control4_thermostat_TekMar_Heat driver and will only have 1 thermostat driver from now on
- Major Feature updates/enhancements for Control4 2.7.0
- License Software Update
- Fixed issue where Thermostat 557 and 552 Thermostats were showing incorrect device type information
- Fixed issue where Device Inventory was showing the wrong addresses
- Added new troubleshooting tips into drivers documentation (with Pictures!)
- Added Scheduling tab and support for scheduling from Control4
- Driver updates only in C which should make setpoint values more precise
- Fixed issue where Humidity was being hid always
- Added new feature to disallow preset changes from other thermostat
- Added ability to update from 7.x.x to 8.x.x without re-programming drivers (please test completely before leaving project)
- Internal Bugs/Update
- When adding a prset and not defining all setpoints (heat, cool, etc..) would cause an error. This has been fixed
- Fixed issue when modifying preset data from another preset would be lost. Each thermostat is now responsible for maintain its preset table.
- Changed preset programming to only affect the local thermostat. Dealer option to broadcast works correctly now. Note: if ‘listening’ tstat does not have the preset name it won’t update to that preset.
- Upon reboot of control4. Home, Away and Vacation would revert back to default settings thus overriding user defined setpoints. This has been fixed
- Added HVAC_MODE support to preset menu
- Added event for when RS232 communication fails do….
- 8.0.13 (11/19/2015)
- Fixed issue where setpoints would revert back to the previous setting occasionall
- This issue was caused when tekmar would send the previous setpoint update after a new setpoint was set. This caused the Control4 interface to reflect the previous setpoint and not the correct version. The driver now recognizes this, waits 10 seconds then collects the correct setpoint from tekmar.
- Fixed issue where checksum values were not registering correctly. This caused some commands to not be accepted by 482
- Added block for thermostats that have humidity (557) but the dealer did not want this to be shown on the Control4 interfaces.
- Fixed issue where setpoints would revert back to the previous setting occasionall
- 8.0.14 (11/24/2015)
- Added polling feature for HVAC_MODE. This timer will request the current mode of the thermostat randomly between 30 and 75 seconds.
- Removed certain debug messages for clarity
- 8.0.15 (3.22.2016)
- Added support for 532 Thermostat
- 8.0.16 (5.5.2016)
- Fixed issue when after a reboot of Control4 the thermostats would always revert back to Fahrenheit
- Added tekmar icons
- 8.0.17 (8.18.2016)
- Added in support of Cinegration Showroom License
- 8.0.18 (10.26.2016)
- Fixed issue with driver only supporting up to 90F on a setpoint. This has been changed to 210F. Primary use of this was for boiler adjustment
- Changed RS232 delay from 1 second to 3 seconds between messages to tekmar
- Updated RS232 event buffer
- Updated Humidity Settings
- Added show/hide parameter for humidification and dehumidification control per thermostat (Note: driver will disable this if the thermostat does not have this feature)
- Updated Scheduling on thermostats
- Optimized initial setup sequence on thermostats
- Added Global Low Temperature email notification (if any thermostat is below setpoint, send and email to the customer)
- Added in Fan mode adjustment (some homes do not have High, Medium, Low on their fans. This can now be modified per thermostat)