Tado is a manufacturer of intelligent climate management products. A leader in smart technology for home climate control and has the right solution for every household. Tado works with all common heating systems as well as with most thermostatic radiator valves.
- Heating System - The Smart Thermostat works with most common heating systems and manufacturers.
- Radiators (TRV) - Almost all common radiator thermostats can be replaced by tado. Control the temperature in each room individually.
- Underfloor heating - tado works with underfloor heating systems. It learns your system’s behaviour and adjusts the heating accordingly.
- Air Conditioning - tado works with many ACs with an infrared remote control.
- Boilers - tado works with most gas boilers found in apartments.
NOTE An active and stable internet connection is required for Sensibo to operate with Control4.
- Two way control and feedback over room temperature, humidity, setpoints, hvac modes, fan speeds, and swing control using the Control4 thermostat UI.
- Hot water control if zone is setup in Tado.
- Automatic setup of zone capabilities.
- Automatic import of zones found in Tado home.
- Automatic renaming of zones in Control4.
- Periodic polling of zone statuses to keep the Control4 UI in sync. This gives the client the ability to use both the Control4 and Tado app.
Tado Zones Supported
- Off, Auto, Heat, Cool, Dry, Fan modes (If AC Unit supports it)
- Setpoint selection
- Fan speed selections
- Swing control selections
- Presets and scheduling
- Off, Heat modes
- Setpoint selection
- Presets and scheduling
- Auto adds and binds Control4 generic radiator driver
- On/Off control
What products are supported?
- Smart AC Control V3+
- Smart Radiator Thermostat V3+ (TRV)
- Wired or wireless thermostat V3+
- Add-on Wireless receiver
Why is this product so exciting?
In Australia and New Zealand (and other countries) HVAC integration has been hard because HVAC companies do not utilise the honeywell based wiring that most smart thermostats like Nest, Control4 and Honeywell use. Split Systems have been extremely hard as traditionally they only offer IR based remote controls. In the past we have integrated these systems by learning every combination of IR code however this is extremely time consuming.
With Tado, installers can now easily integrate HVAC systems into Control4. On top of that, it is easily retrofittable into homes so dealers can now revisit old customers with compatible HVAC systems to upgrade their home automation system and integrate their HVAC systems without additional wiring.
Where do I buy Tado from?
The Tado Smart AC Control V3+ is available from various retailers off the shelf (Harvey Norman, JB Hifi, Pb Tech etc). The other Tado products can be purchased online from Amazon or directly from the Tado website.
What climate control systems will Tado work with?
Tado is designed to work in every home. To check compatibility, see their website. https://www.tado.com/all-en/compatibility
How do I know if my AC is compatible with the Smart AC Control?
If your AC has an infrared remote and the remote displays the current settings, tado is most likely compatible.
Do I need an Internet Bridge for Control4 Integration?
If your install consists of only the Tado Smart AC Control V3+ units, you won't need an internet bridge as they connect to the home wifi network. Any other Tado products will require the Tado Internet bridge.
Can I do scheduling in the Control4 app?
Yes, our driver has built in presets and scheduling.
Are there any other important things to know about this product?
Tado integration requires an active and stable internet connection as control and feedback is achieved via the cloud. Unfortunately, there is no local API for the product.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial.
Do you offer other drivers?
We have hundreds of drivers. Many of which are manufacturer sponsored and free. Please visit our website to view all available drivers including FREE drivers.
- Fix Presets not showing correctly in Europe Locales
- Add support for firing schedules in different locales
- Fix Zone driver's Submit Diagnostics
- Improve handling of Presets to avoid zone driver crashing.
Version 20230726 - 26-JUL-2023
- Fix heating min/max setpoint values for AIR_CONDITIONING
- Persist HomeID, Token, and Scale
- Improve setpoint polling
- Add Last Message property to zone drivers
Version 20230323 - 23-MAR-2023
- Fix Setpoint polling issue
- Fix FAN mode sending incorrect parameters
Version 20230317 - 17-MAR-2023
- Initial release