APRILAIRE WI-FI EXTENDED DRIVER BY DOMOSAPIENS
Aprilaire is a leading provider of Indoor Air Quality solutions and the Aprilaire Wi-Fi Home Automation family of thermostats (8840, 8830, 8830 and 8810) provides state-of-the-art HVAC control as well as sophisticated Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) capabilities. In addition, most models can be connected to a wide network of Aprilaire remote temperature and humidity sensors, including the new 8083 flush mount Temperature and Humidity sensor. This Extended driver by Domosapiens significantly extends Control4 support for these thermostats and sensors.
- One driver to support the entire family of Aprilaire Wi-Fi Home Automation thermostats.
- Features Domosapiens’ advanced IP communications management for enhanced reliability.
- Supports Domosapiens’ new FLEX Mode for Presets and Schedule to streamline seasonal or other major mode changes for the user. This innovative new functionality is simple and easy: the user may fully switch a multi-thermostat installation from “Summer” to “Winter” status, for example, with only two button presses in Control4. Switching to an “Away” mode would be as easy.
- The driver package also contains a companion driver to display the temperature and in some case the humidity measured by the thermostat’s many possible attached sensors. For example, a fully configured 8830 or 8840 may have up to 14 such sensors, all configurable and visible within Control4. With the appropriate Aprilaire sensors, Control4 may now offer the user a full view of temperature/humidity levels in each room of a large home.
- To this end, supports all 8081, 8082 and 8083 Aprilaire remote sensor modules as well as onboard temperature and humidity sensors, including remote temperature sensors connected to thermostats. The Aprilaire 8056 Wireless Outdoor sensor is also supported on the 8830 and 8840 thermostats.
- Fully supports all Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) functions available with some thermostat models. This includes Humidifiers, Dehumidifiers, Air Cleaners and Fresh Air Ventilation. The user also has control on the service reminders for such functions.
- Features all the new thermostatV2 features available with OS 2.7 or later, including Humidity, Presets, Schedule and Extras.
- One thermostat may be designated as the Master thermostat and instructed to broadcast Presets and Schedule to other thermostats for simplified installation. This may also be done by the user via the Extras tab in the Control4 Navigator User Interface.
- Regularly broadcasts time and date as well as outdoor temperature to each thermostat. When available, the driver leverages the outdoor temperature supplied by the Control4 Weather Station driver.
- Provides a comprehensive set of additional thermostat commands, variables and events available in programming, including up to four new Temperature Delta events.
- Actions (“Print Sensor Report” and “Print Aprilaire Wi-Fi Project Topology”) give full views of the Aprilaire setup to simplify installation.
- Action (“Print Status Report”) with significant operational information to simplify reporting of issues.
- The driver has many other features to simplify and speed up installation and support.
Version 10.0.0 - Initial release on driverCentral
Version 11.0.0 - Infrastructure update (May 3, 2019)
Version 11.1.0 - Several fixes for FLEX mode, presets and Emergency Heat
Version 11.2.0 - New ONLINE/OFFLINE events, fixed issues with Humidify/Dehumidify presets (December 5, 2019)
Version 11.3.0 - Licensing update, internal improvements, fixed issue with FLEX mode (December 31, 2020)
Version 11.4.0 - Fixed issues with deleting presets and FLEX modes, added Action to sort presets (July 21, 2021)