Bond Bridge lets you connect your existing remote controlled ceiling fans, fireplaces, blinds and more!
This Wifi based device can be placed anywhere there is WiFi coverage making it easy to control IR/RF devices that are in locations that are hard to run cable.
Integration into Control4 allows you to activate, control fan speeds, open/close shades, turn on lights and more all from a single point using Control4's touchscreens, mobile applications, keypads, handheld remote controls, onscreen and cloud based 4sight remote monitoring service.
Bond can be purchased directly from Bond Home, through Home Depot, Best Buy or via Amazon and is easily the cheapest and easiest way to integrate Somfy RTS Shades and other RF based products.
There are also certain fans with 'smart by bond' technology built in. These fans can be controlled by the driver without any additional hardware. If you encounter a fan that has no IR, no IR nor has 'smart by bond' built in you can retrofit 'smart by bond' by using the universal smart wi-fi 4 speed ceiling fan remote controller.
On top of 3rd party device control you can now also integrate the Bond Sidekick Keypad. This battery operated 8 button keypad is designed to be easily retrofit. Paired with a Bond Bridge Pro it allows integration to Control4 to provide tap, double tap, press and release functionality. Battery on the Sidekick product will last you for 10 years on moderate usage (2-3 times a day).
Automatic Discovery of Bond Bridge
Automatic import and naming of Devices
- Ability to fire any Bond command via the Bond Bridge driver's device actions in Composer's programming tab.
- Smart by Bond fans
- Fan On/Off
- Fan Speeds
- Light On/Off
- Light Level
- Fan Speed Controller
- Fan On/Off
- Fan Speeds
- Light On/Off
- Light Level
IR / RF based fans (including built in lights)
IR / RF based fireplaces
Flame up action
Flame down action
Flame levels action
Fan speeds action
Blinds (including Somfy RTS)
- Other / Generic Devices
- On (Close)
- Off (Open)
Battery Operated (lasts for upto 10 years) Retrofit Keypad
- Smart by Bond fans
Why is this product so exciting?
- Bond Sidekick
- Battery operated
- 10 year battery life
- Easily retrofit
- 8 Buttons
- Double Tap
- Communications with Bond Bridge Pro product.
- Smart By Bond Fans
- There are fans with 'smart by bond' functionality. These fans are supported by the driver and contain full bidirectional control / feedback
- No additional hardware required just buy the fan.
- Smart by fans include (but not limited to)
- Fan Speed Controller
- Bond Bridge
The bond bridge can control a vast number of RF based devices including shades, fans, fireplaces, lights and more
This bond bridge provides the easiest and cheapest way of integrating Somfy RTS shades into Control4! Since it is wifi based you can place the Bond Bridge device anywhere meaning better coverage (unlike the Somfy RTS transmitter or URTS transmitters which require cabling).
The bond bridge is easily accessible and can be purchased through the following retailers
- The bond bridge can also be purchased internationally from the following distributors
The bond bridge is extremely inexpensive with MSRP pricing at $99.99 USD. Though some retailers have them on sale for $69.99 at the moment.
This bond bridgecan control over 700 devices including virtaully all remote controlled ceiling fans, fireplaces, shades and more!
You can learn in your own RF codes using the Bond app for devices that are not in the database!
The database is always growing!
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
Turning off your fireplaces, fans and lights when you arm your security system along with closing your shades.
Automatically turning devices on when Control4 detects you are at home
With Bond’s recent integration of Somfy RTS blinds this makes an easy and affordable retro solution to control somfy blinds so now you can automate somfy shades to open in the morning, close at night or to block out sun on hot days to reduce energy in your home.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Do you offer other drivers?
We have hundreds of drivers. Many of which are manufacturer sponsored and free. Please visit our website to view all available drivers including FREE drivers.
Version #20230531 - 31-MAY-2023
- Improved handling of all Shade Types (Drape, Roman etc)
- Fixed issue with some positional blinds not having a valid state after a controller reboot
Version #20230413 - 13-APR-2023
- Improved STEP BY STEP in the blind driver
- Improved handling of blind subtypes when creating driver bindings
Version #20221224 -24-DEC-2022
- Sidekick improvements
Version #20221216 - 16-DEC-2022
- Mdns improvements
- BDUP feedback now implemented (instant feedback rather than waiting for poll).
Version #20221203 - 3-DEC-2022
- Improved handling of binding creation errors
Version #20221202 - 2-DEC-2022
- Fixed Awning driver's binding name
Version #20221201 - 1-DEC-2022
- Fixed detection of Sidekick devices which affected auto discovery
- Fixed issue with awning driver binding
- Fixed naming of the awning driver
- Fix Crash on button release for Bond SideKick (Keypad)
- Low Level Optimisations for Control4 OS 3.0 (All)
- Other Misc Performance Enhancements (All)
Version #20220913 – 13-SEP-2022
- Added support for Bond Sidekick product
Version #20220803 - 03-AUG-2022
- Improve Diagnostics (All)
- Improve Performance (All)
- Fixed Bridge sending nil data to the Generic Driver
- Correct issue with Dimmer Bindings after reboot (Bridge)
- Update Logging and Troubleshooting (All)
- Add Submit Diagnostics Support (All)
Version #2021004 - 04-OCT-2021
- Better handling the process of requesting updates from the bridge
- Fixed Somfy Positional Blind Driver handling
- Fixed Fan drivers not honoring the inital Preset Level as listed in the proxy Properties field
Version #20210330 - 30-MAR-2021
- Added **Positional Blind Driver**
Version #20210119 - 19-JAN-2021
- Updated to new Driver Central licensing
Version #20201203 - 03-DEC-2020
- Implemented alternative method to get token. You can now enter in the BOND PIN (found on the rear of the bond bridge) along with the BOND ACCOUNT CODE (found under account info in the settings of the bond app for iOS or Android
Version #20201012 - 12-OCT-2020
- Fixed issue with keypad bindings for lighting
Version #20201009 - 09-OCT-2020
- Fixed issue witth keypad binding not working for blinds. Thanks John and Marie for reporting this.
- Implemented step by step keypad binding
- Changed fake feedback so that its moving for 20 seconds when up command is sent and 20 seconds when the down command is sent before sending feedback that it has reached its position. If a stop command is sent you should now be able to press eitther up or down buttons.
Version #20201002 - 02-OCT-2020
- Updated driverCentral licencing code
- Added support for LT device types. EG Dekor Konnect lighting.
Version #20200619 - 19-JUN-2020
- Fixed issue with blind button links and toggle command. Thanks John Mouawad.
- Implemented Step by Step binding
- Implemented alternative method to get token. You can now enter in the BOND PIN (found on the rear of the bond bridge) along with the BOND ACCOUNT CODE (found under account info in the settings of the bond app for iOS or Android)
- Forked Fan driver so that there is now a version for each speed 2-7 as Control4 does not support dynamic fan speed limits. Please install the correct driver for the maximum amount of speeds your fan supports.
Version #20200602 - 02-JUN-2020
- Fixed issue with fireplace driver effecting update of availability properties (this didn't effect functionality)
- Fixed issue with increase and decrease of fireplace flames.
- Fixed issue effecting programming command for fire levels
Version #20200316 - 16-MAR-2019
- Fixed issue with generic device commands
Version #20200304 - 04-MAR-2019
- Made improvements so rediscovery on flakey networks wouldn't cause increased processing load on Director.
Version #20200227 - 27-FEB-2019
- Resolved issue with Toggle fan button link
- Added new generic device type with on/off experience button and relay binding (so you can bind a motorised device driver to it).
Version #20191230 - 30-DEC-2019
- Added fan speed UI button driver. This enables you to view / control any fan proxy driver under comfort.
Version #20191210 - 10-DEC-2019
- Resolved issues with fireplace programming actions
- Added Fireplace On, Off, Toggle Button Links
- Added Fireplace Events for states
Version #20191202 - 02-DEC-2019
- Resolved issue with toggle fan button
- Added Fan Speed Up, Fan Speed Down, Fan Speed Toggle Button Links
- Added Light On, Light Off and Light Toggle Button Links
- Added Blind Up, Down, Stop and Toggle Button Links
Version #20191106 - 06-NOV-2019
- Updated handling of fireplace driver commands for ON and OFF
Version #20191011 - 11-OCT-2019
- Added support for dimmable lighting (mainly found on smart by bond fans). Note if you already have one of these then you will need to press the clear bindings button in the master driver so it will recreate the bindings.
Version #20191007 - 07-OCT-2019
- Added the ability to fire any command via the Bridge Driver's programming device actions in the programming tab.
Version #20190919 - 19-SEP-2019
- Fixed stop command for shades (turns out stop isn't used for stopping shades but stopping sending signals)
- Resolved issues where ipv4 address is not returned in mdns packet (bandaid applied which grabs ipv4 address from connecting client)
Version #20190815 - 15-AUG-2019
- Initial Release