SOMFY GENERIC RTS AND DCT DRIVER BY DOMOSAPIENS
One driver for ALL your RTS needs !
Using an elaborate timing model, this driver set enables you to effectively control one-way Somfy RTS and DCT (Dry Contact) blinds/motors using one or more of the following control devices:
- *new* Bond Bridge (supported only by the Multi Interface driver)
- Somfy myLink (16 channels each)
- Somfy RS485 RTS Transmitter (16 channels each)
- Somfy URTSI II (16 channels each)
- Somfy URTSI (5 channels each)
- Somfy RS232 to RTS with X-10 (16 channels)
- Dry contact motors (DCT - 2 or 3 contacts per motor for up/down/stop or open/close/stop)
This version of the driver implements a *new* architecture where the ‘Somfy Multi Interface’ driver is new and replaces the former ‘Generic V3 Somfy Main Interface’ driver. Several Multi Interface drivers may be present in the same project. This significantly increases the flexibility in connecting several RS485 RTS transmitters, several URTSI II, several clusters of myLink or even an elaborate mix of several of the above in the same project. In addition, the legacy ‘Generic V3 Somfy RS485 Add-on’ driver for RS485 RTS Transmitters is no longer required, making this popular option simpler to install. A new ‘Somfy 9600 Baud Conversion’ driver is now used for older 9600 baud devices, such as URTSI and URTSI II.
Each Multi Interface driver is capable of simultaneously controlling one IP device:
- One Bond Bridge (Wi-Fi)
- OR A cluster of one or more Somfy myLinks (Wi-Fi)
as well as one Serial device:
- One Somfy RS485 RTS Transmitter or several Transmitters connected in an RS485 fashion
- OR one Somfy URTSI II or several URTSI IIs connected in an RS485 fashion
- OR one Somfy URTSI or one RTS with X-10
as well as up to 16 Somfy DCT motors via Relay sets.
If the project has more complex requirements, simply install additional instances of the Multi Interface driver. The selection of which Multi Interface driver to use and which specific motor to control is done at each Blind driver.
KEY FEATURES OF THE SOMFY DRIVER SET BY DOMOSAPIENS
- An elaborate timing and programming model estimates the current position and status of each blind at all times, based on timing values provided by the installer.
- New blind features in OS 2.9 are supported, including setting the blind to a % open or closed.
- Venetian blinds/louvers are supported in addition to regular blinds. Dual operation (roll and tilt) is also supported via a separate driver when using the RS485 RTS Transmitter.
- More than one Multi Interface drivers may be installed in the same project, allowing for very complex Somfy RTS/DCT control schemes (only one license is required per project).
- Blinds drivers may be positioned in the appropriate rooms for easier Navigator access.
- Somfy myLink transmitters are supported using a Wi-Fi connection.
- Bond Bridges are supported using a Wi-Fi connection.
- Somfy RS485 RTS Transmitters (5061182) are supported, including setting IP and programming the channel.
- Multiple URTSI II devices are supported if connected in an RS485 network.
- Property to allow multiple sends (retransmissions) when using URTSI II and RS485 Transmitters.
- Property to allow feedback to individual blinds when grouped RTS channels are used.
- Support for up to 30 driver scenes (new concept).
- RTS485 Action to set motor in PROG mode.
- RTS485 Action and programming command to send TILT (+ or –) with optional amplitude.
- Dry contact operation (2 relays per motor with an optional 3rd STOP relay) is supported for up to 16 motors (32 to 48 relays overall).
- Driver tested with Global Caché devices (iTach and iTach Flex) to allow for more connection possibilities.
- Interface driver stacks consecutive commands so that delays between commands are observed, as per Somfy requirements.
- Programming control is available to set blinds to specific positions.
- Programming feedback is provided on current blind position and status.
- Action (“Print Blind Report”) to print a summary of all blinds configured in the project.
- Action (“Print Status Report”) to simplify reporting of issues.
Some sample configurations:
- Several blind drivers to one Multi Interface driver to a myLink cluster to control corresponding RTS blinds.
- Several blind drivers to one Multi Interface driver controlling some of the blinds using a myLink device and the others using an URTSI II (via the new 9600 Baud Adjustment driver).
- Several blind drivers to two Multi Interface drivers, one controlling some of the blinds using a Bond Bridge and the other controlling the remaining blinds using a myLink (two Multi Interface drivers are required here because we need to control two IP devices.
- Several blind drivers to one Multi Interface driver controlling the blinds using three RS485 RTS Transmitters arranged in an RS485 network. Only one RS232 to RS485 adapter is required and the legacy Add-on driver is no longer required.
- And many more… Each blind driver selects which Multi Interface driver it needs to connect to and, from a drop-down list, which of the controlled blinds it is assigned to.
No posts found
10.0.0 Migration to driverCentral
10.1.0 Issues fixed with RS485 blinds, improved reporting (September 2017)
10.1.1 Fixed relay connections lost upon restart (November 2017)
11.0.0 Support added for blinds with tilt, better IP, new contacts, issues fixed
11.1.0 Improved resilience to Cloud Driver updates (January 1, 2019)
12.0.0 Infrastructure update and all documentation now included in driver (May 3, 2019)
12.1.0 Added notification to groups when a member blind is moved (July 29, 2019)
12.1.1 Documentation updated for multiple RS485 RTS Transmitters (October 29, 2019)
14.0.0 Support for Bond Bridge and new architecture with Multi Interface driver (April 12, 2020)
14.0.1 Issues fixed with RS485 RTS Transmitters (April 14, 2020)
14.0.2 Issue fixed with running Driver Scenes (June 3, 2020)