SOMFY GENERIC RTS AND DCT DRIVER BY DOMOSAPIENS
One driver for ALL your RTS needs ! *** NEW V15 SUPPORTS SOMFY TAHOMA (NORTH AMERICAN MODEL) ***
Using an elaborate timing model, this driver set enables you to effectively control one-way Somfy RTS and DCT (Dry Contact) blinds/motors using one or more of the following control devices:
- *new* Somfy TaHoma (North American model and supported only by the Multi Interface driver)
- Bond Bridge (supported only by the Multi Interface driver)
- Somfy myLink (16 channels each)
- Somfy RS485 RTS Transmitter (16 channels each)
- Somfy URTSI II (16 channels each)
- Somfy URTSI (5 channels each)
- Somfy RS232 to RTS with X-10 (16 channels)
- Dry contact motors (DCT - 2 or 3 contacts per motor for up/down/stop or open/close/stop)
This version of the driver implements a *new* architecture where the ‘Somfy Multi Interface’ driver is new and replaces the former ‘Generic V3 Somfy Main Interface’ driver. Several Multi Interface drivers may be present in the same project. This significantly increases the flexibility in connecting several RS485 RTS transmitters, several URTSI II, several clusters of myLink or even an elaborate mix of several of the above in the same project. In addition, the legacy ‘Generic V3 Somfy RS485 Add-on’ driver for RS485 RTS Transmitters is no longer required, making this popular option simpler to install. A new ‘Somfy 9600 Baud Conversion’ driver is now used for older 9600 baud devices, such as URTSI and URTSI II. See the section on Migrating to the New Multi Interface Driver below for more details.
KEY FEATURES OF THE SOMFY DRIVER SET BY DOMOSAPIENS
- An elaborate timing and programming model estimates the current position and status of each blind at all times, based on timing values provided by the installer.
- New blind features in OS 2.9 are supported, including setting the blind to a % open or closed.
- Venetian blinds/louvers are supported in addition to regular blinds. Dual operation (roll and tilt) is also supported via a separate driver when using the RS485 RTS Transmitter.
- More than one Multi Interface drivers may be installed in the same project, allowing for very complex Somfy RTS/DCT control schemes (only one license is required per project).
- Blinds drivers may be positioned in the appropriate rooms for easier Navigator access.
- Somfy myLink transmitters are supported using a Wi-Fi connection.
- Bond Bridges are supported using a Wi-Fi connection.
- *new* The new Somfy TaHoma (North American model) is supported to control RTS and ZigBee motors.
- Somfy RS485 RTS Transmitters (5061182) are supported, including setting IP and programming the channel.
- Multiple URTSI II devices are supported if connected in an RS485 network.
- Property to allow multiple sends (retransmissions) when using URTSI II and RS485 Transmitters.
- Property to allow feedback to individual blinds when grouped RTS channels are used.
- Support for up to 30 driver scenes (new concept).
- RTS485 Action to set motor in PROG mode.
- RTS485 Action and programming command to send TILT (+ or –) with optional amplitude.
- Dry contact operation (2 relays per motor with an optional 3rd STOP relay) is supported for up to 16 motors (32 to 48 relays overall).
- Driver tested with Global Caché devices (iTach and iTach Flex) to allow for more connection possibilities.
- Interface driver stacks consecutive commands so that delays between commands are observed, as per Somfy requirements.
- Programming control is available to set blinds to specific positions.
- Programming feedback is provided on current blind position and status.
- Action (“Print Blind Report”) to print a summary of all blinds configured in the project.
No posts found
10.0.0 Migration to driverCentral
11.0.0 Support added for blinds with tilt, better IP, new contacts, issues fixed
12.0.0 Infrastructure update and all documentation now included in driver (May 3, 2019)
14.0.0 Support for Bond Bridge and new architecture with Multi Interface driver (April 12, 2020)
15.0.0 Support for Somfy TaHoma - North American model (October 7, 2020)