The Control4 Home Automation system can control nearly all aspects of a customer’s smart home. Smart blinds and shades can be adjusted with the swipe of a finger via the Control4 platform or a customer’s smartphone. However, until recently, Control4 would only allow blinds and shades to be completely opened or closed. Now Control4 has added a feature that allows blinds to be adjusted to exact preferences. Customers can use a slider in the Control4 interface to choose what percentage the blinds or shades are opened or closed.
Cinegration Development’s Hunter Douglas RQ driver allows customers with Hunter Douglas shades and blinds to utilize this great new feature with their Control4 system. This gives customers the freedom and control to allow just the right amount of light into the living room on a sunny afternoon or only open the blinds enough to let the dog to still see outside. No additional hardware is required to experience the complete customization that Control4 now allows for your blinds and shades!
This driver is for the RQ Bridge (ESI Motors). For PowerView Shades, please go to:
Two-way RS232 integration with ESI (now Hunter Douglas) shades and motors
- Easy Setup
- Two way control
- New V2 Shade Proxy support!
- Custom event for Contact switch on motor
- Supports legacy driver
- Supports Cinegration Trial and Showroom license
This driver is compatible with Control4 2.9.1 or higher. A strong network connection is required to effectively utilize this driver.
This driver is compatible with Hunter Douglas (previously ESI) shades and motors only. This driver uses RS232.
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- You can partially close your blinds or shades 30% to block the harsh rays of the high noon sun while still being able to see outside and allow light into the room.
- Only open your blinds or shades 15% to allow your pup to see outside without sacrificing privacy.
What hardware will this work on?
This driver will work on any Control4 controller running OS 2.9.1 or higher.
How is this unit controlled?
This unit is controlled via RS232. Settings are 9600,8,none,1,none.
Does this driver control the existing RQ driver in the Control4 database?
This driver is a replacement for the previous RQ driver. It contains all the same features and adds the new Control4 V2 blind proxy features.
Does this driver allow a customer to use a slider bar on Control4 GUIs?
Yes. This driver uses the Control4 blind proxy and is fully compatible with 2.9.x update for blind controls
Can you stop and go to specific levels on the blinds?
Yes. Stop and level selection is built in.
I need tech support, where do I find it?
If you have a hardware problem, please call HunterDouglas directly. If you have questions or issues with the driver or integration, please go to: help.drivercentral.io and submit a ticket.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
All Cinegration Development drivers support the DriverCentral showroom project.
Can I try this driver out before buying it?
All Cinegration Development drivers for Control4 come with a 7-day trial. Simply add the DriverCentral licensing driver along with this driver and you can fully test the driver before purchasing.
Driver is provided by Cinegration Development LLC. All rights reserved.
Driver: HunterDouglas/ESI RQ Shade Driver
Compatible Control4 Systems: 2.9.1
Compatible Hardware: RQ RS232 Bus + Compatible Motors
Developed by: Cinegration LLC. www.cinegration.com/drivers
Change Log: Please visit https://www.drivercentral.io
- Setup RQ Bridge according to documentation
- Connect RS232 and Scan RQ Bus
- Use Connections to bind to shades.
- Dealer can reverse shade movement by using Reverse Driver Action on shade driver
About Driver Notes:
This driver contains code written by Cinegration LLC. Any modification to this driver without the express written permission or without the express consent by Cinegration will void all warranties, constitute a ban on all drivers released by Cinegration and potentially legal action.
This driver has been designed to work with Control4 2.9.1 and higher Control4 systems.
Cinegration strives to provide fully working drivers without defects. However, changes and bugs may be found. Because of this, any bug/maintenance update to this driver will be free of charge. However, due to the ever-changing nature of computer and audio/video systems, if a new version of the Control4® software creates issues with this driver, or feature enhancements, an upgrade version will be provided for an additional expense or free as determined by Cinegration.
Fixed issue where certain blind motors would send non-expected data
- Fixed issue where set level stopped working in 1004
- Updated movement proxy. Navigator will now track shade movement.
- Updated toggle (requires reboot after update of driver). Toggle will now alternate between open/close stop close/open stop etc... (before, shade would not stop when toggle button was pressed, this now will operate like standard relay motor like a garage door)
- Updated shade direction. There is now a Property called Shade Direction. if changed to 'Reversed' then driver will send opposite level to shade and navigator. This should correct areas where inverse of shade did not work. Inversing of shade is no longer required and handled automatically with this new property
- Update for inverted shade commands
- Fixed issue where update to driver would unbind shades
- Initial Release