The Videostorm IRUSB device allows us to control any Android set top box including the Nvidia Shield, Amazon Fire TV, Foxtel Now, Xiaomi MiBox and more.
The Chowmain IRUSB driver is designed to control Android Set Top Boxes via IP with the help of the Videostorm IRUSB device. This allows you to utilise the Control4 SR-260 remote to navigate the Nvidia Shield box and control applications as you would with a normal Nvidia Shield remote.
The driver allows for application launching via mini drivers for individual apps (for the most popular applications) and also expand Control4's infra-red output.
The driver can also detect audio from the Android set top box and automatically turn the room onto the correct input. Use this with the included Chromecast functionality for the Nvidia Shield, Xiaomi Mibox or Foxtel Now Android TV boxes and you will a fully automated experience with the ability to control the casted control with your SR-260 remote control.
Note that this driver requires a product called the Videostorm IRUSB be installed along with the associated IRUSB application from Google or Amazon stores (does not require root).
- IP control over the majority of Android based devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Nvidia Shield, Foxtel Now, Xiaomi Mi Box and more
- Automatic Room On upon audio detection.
- This makes integration of services like Chromecast for AndroidTV easy to use. Simply cast youtube, Netflix or other content to the built in Chromecast and Control4 will turn on the TV, receiver and any other device required.
- Automatic Room Off after x minutes of silence
- Adds an additional IR Output for control over local source (eg TV or receiver)
- SMS style text entry for SR-250 / SR-260 remote controls on number keys.
- Mini apps for direct launch on any navigator for many popular applications
- ABC iview
- HD Homerun
- Youtube TV
- Custom mini app for launching of other applications not listed
Why would i want to use an android set top box?
You can use cheap Android Set Top boxes as media players using apps like XBMC, Plex, Netflix.
What cool things can i do with this?
- Automatic Room on via Audio Detection assists with integration of AndroidTV boxes with Chromecast built in. The user just casts to the box and Control4 turns on the TV and selects the correct source. The SR-260 remote can then control the transport controls of the app including play, pause, stop, fast forward, rewind, skip previous and skip next.
- Allows you to bind android mini drivers for quick launch under watch or listen.
- You can also play games to an certain extent (though it is advised that you utilise a bluetooth controller or an air mouse for a better gaming experience).
- Number buttons can be used for text entry.
- IR output can be used to control device in same location
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 7 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Version #20190611 - 11-JUN-2019
⦁ Add mini apps for 9Now and SBS On Demand and updated ABC iView
Version #20180816 – 16-AUG-2018
⦁ Fixed IR issues
⦁ Added Showtime Anytime
Version #20180730 – 30-JUL-2018
⦁ Updated Youtube mini app to suit new intent. Note that you can't update this due to the intent being in the property. You need to delete and re-add it in.
⦁ Added Playstation Vue mini app.
Version #20180710 – 10-JUL-2018
⦁ Updated Amazon mini app to suit new intent. Note that you can't update this due to the intent being in the property. You need to delete and re-add it in.
Version #20180613 – 13-JUN-2018
⦁ Memory optimisations
Version #20180313- 13-MAR-2018
⦁ Fixed issue where a reboot would not reconnect to the IRUSB
⦁ Changed guide button to goto home
Version #20180228- 28-FEB-2018
⦁ Added Auto Room Off after x amount of minutes of silence. This is good for automatically turning the room off if nothing has been playing after a prolonged period of time.
Version #20180227- 27-FEB-2018
⦁ Changed Play/Play/Stop buttons to be more unified
⦁ Changed room off sequence
⦁ Implemented Auto Room On based on if audio is detected. This is great for Chromecast, Spotify Connect, Youtube, Plex, etc)
⦁ Added ON proxy command which sends a IRUSB wake command. Should assist in waking the screen on some boxes.
⦁ Added HDHomeRun miniapp
Version #20180208- 08-FEB-2018
⦁ Changed enter/select key
Version #20180130- 30-JAN-2018
⦁ Fixed app launching
⦁ Added Australian applications (ABC iview, tenplay, stan, plus7)
Version #20180129- 29-JAN-2018
⦁ Initial Release