URC's HDA (High-Definition Audio) delivers a high-fidelity audio solution offering uncompromising quality and premium sound to residential or commercial spaces. HDA is available to URC certified dealers.
URC's HDA Connect is designed for use with other control systems. It combines HDA's smart amplifiers, speakers and Control4 to create a concert experience in your home or commercial environment.
HDA Connect helps you solve audio installation challenges with easy-to-program solutions. Have multiple, 8 zone amplifiers to share sources? How many times have you installed two 8 zone amps but had to install interconnects? Well now you don't have to. No more interconnects. All inputs are available to all outputs.
Want to stream sources to an AV receiver or vice versa? The HDA Input / Output Stream Adapter can either take a local source and stream it over the HDA network or act as a local receiver for a source streaming from it.
Have multiple sources around the home you want in your yard? You can stream all inputs on all devices to the HDA-1600 70v amplifier.
Learn more about HDA at https://www.urc-automation.com/total-control/hda/
- Bi-directional IP control for all HDA Connect hardware. (HDA-8100, HDA-4100, HDA-1600, HDA-130, HDA-I/O)
- Up to 24 configurable sources (any input of a HDA Connect device on the network)
- Identify zone configuration (Stereo or Mono)
- Inputs 1 - 8 audio sensing starts/stops events for programming
- Balanced and Mic inputs audio sensing starts/stops events for programming (HDA-1600 only)
- Discreet zone lip sync correction level
- Increase/decrease zone lip sync correction level
- Set Mic Limiter Threshold (HDA-1600 only)
- Set Mic Limiter Attack (HDA-1600 only)
- Set Mic Limiter Compression Ratio (HDA-1600 only)
- Set Mic Limiter Release Time (HDA-1600 only)
- Set Mic Limiter Volume Level (HDA-1600 only)
- Set Mic Noise Suppressor Threshold (HDA-1600 only)
- Set Mic Noise Suppressor Release Time (HDA-1600 only)
- Set Mic Input Level (HDA-1600 only)
- Set Mic Phantom Power (HDA-1600 only)
- Reboot unit
- Discreet zone volume, bass, treble, balance, mute settings
- Increase/decrease zone volume, bass, treble, balance settings
- Start/Stop zone Ducking event
- Start/Stop zone Paging event
- Set Zone preset EQ
- Cycle through zone preset EQ
- Mic Mute control (HDA-1600 only)
- Zone ducking event input mute control
- Set zone Do Not Disturb (page events)
- Preamplifier output control (when output is set to Macro Controlled/Programmable)
Where can I find out more about the URC HDA products?
Please visit the URC© HDA Website for more information.
Why is this product so exciting?
The URC HDA system allows any input on any HDA device to be streamed to any output on any HDA device. This makes distribution of audio around the home easy to install and seamless to use.
- Have multiple 8 zone amplifiers that you want to share sources between? How many times have you installed two 8 zone amps but had to install interconnects. Well now you don't have to. No more interconnects. All inputs are available to all outputs
- Have multiple sources around the home you want in your yard? You can stream all inputs on all devices to the HDA-1600 70v amplifier
- Want to stream sources to an AV receiver or vice versa? The HDA Input / Output Stream Adapter can either take a local source and stream it over the HDA network or act as a local receiver for a source streaming from it
Do you need a mix of mono and stereo zones?
- The HDA-8100 can be configured to 8 stereo zones, 16 mono zones or a mix of both.
- The HDA-4100 can be configured to 4 mono zones, 8 mono zones or a mix of both.
What other cool things can this do?
- The driver supports ducking input capability (automatically lowers the volume of the music playing for paging applications & microphone use). This is great for commercial applications.
- The driver supports page event functionality. Note that this will switch to an input temporarily before switching back to the previous input.
Does this integration support Sound Storage?
The HDA Connect API does not provide the ability to playback stored files as such this feature is not exposed to non URC systems.
What hardware will this work on?
This will work on all URC HDA hardware. No URC processor is required as it talks direct to the output device.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go.
Do you offer other drivers?
We have hundreds of drivers. Many of which are manufacturer sponsored and free. Please visit our website to view all available drivers including FREE drivers.
Version 20240219 - 19-FEB-2024
- Maintenance build
- Update documentation on Configuring Sources
Version 20230818 - 18-AUG-2023
- Initial release