French company Archisoft, who also manufacturer Zappiti media players, has developed the Reavon brand to fill the void in the high-end 4K disc player market caused by the departure of Oppo and the general unavailability of Pioneer’s disc spinners.
The Chowmain Reavon Bluray Player driver for Control4 introduces the most advanced bi-directional control and feedback of Reavon bluray players for home theatre connoisseurs and audiophiles to help to create the perfect automated media experience.
From simply inserting a disc into the player the integration is smart enough to automatically turn on the system for audio consumption or video consumption. Lights will automatically dim upon disc playback and raise on pause or stop.
This integration is a must have for those who want the best experience for disc based media.
- Two way control and feedback (note requires hybrid IR + IP or RS232 + IP communications)
- Automatically turn on the room based on the type of disc in the player. Eg it will turn on the receiver only if it detects an audio disc however if it detects a video disc it will also turn on the TV.
- Custom defined buttons for non intuitive buttons
- Play, Pause, Stop feedback
- Loading Disc, Scanning, Slow motion, Disk Tray Open feedback
- Disc Type (None, DVD, Data CD, Audio CD, SACD or Bluray) detection feedback
What hardware will this work on?
This driver will work for the following models. It may also work with future models:
Note that the driver requires mixed communications (either IR or RS232 along with IP for feedback)
- Communications - IR + IP
- Communications - IR + IP
- Communications - IR + IP or RS232 + IP
If you do not need feedback IP is not required.
Why do we need to do hybrid communications?
Unfortunately current generation Reavon models go to a deep sleep when it is powered off. As such the ethernet port turns off in this state.
RS232 on the UBR-X200 offers one-way control only as well.
As such we need to combine IR + IP for full two-way control or RS232 + IP for full two-way control
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- Automatically start up the receiver when the user puts in an audio disc.
- Automatically start up the tv/projector and receiver when the user puts in a video disc.
- Automatically dim lights when the movie starts playing.
- Automatically raise the lights when the movie pauses or stops.
- Change receiver settings when audio discs or video discs are inserted.
- Utilise the awesome built in DAC for audiophiles.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Version 20221115 - 15-NOV-2022
- Fixed issue effecting 100 model and IR control
Version 20220901 - 1-SEP-2022
- Removed IR control from 200 model as it does not support discrete off commands
Version 20220831 - 31-AUG-2022
- Initial release