Optoma provides a universal API for their range of projectors for both IP and RS232 based controls. The Chowmain Optoma universal projector driver for Control4 provides seamless integration of all Optoma projectors that support this API and allows you to control all the standard features you would expect with a projector and more. Note that the CinemaX line of projectors are not supported as they do not have an API and can only be controlled via IFTTT or Alexa.
- Bi-directional control and feedback
- Both RS232 and IP based integration
- Lamp hour feedback
- Automatic email and push notification on errors (requires 4sight)
- Audio Controls (Volume Up, Volume Down and Mute)
- Power management
- Source selection
- HDMI 1
- HDMI 2
- HDMI 3
- VGA 1
- VGA 2
- USB Display
- Network Display
- Display Port
- Standby Mode
- Warming Up
- Cooling Down
- Out of Range
- Light Source Fail (LED Fail)
- Thermal Switch Error
- Fan Lock
- Over Temperature
- Light Source Hours Running Out
- Format Board Power On Fail
- Color Wheel Unexpected Stock
- Over Temperature
- 12V Trigger
- 3D Mode
- 3D Format
- 3D Invert Sync
- Aspect Ratio
- DIsplay Mode
- Enable HDR / HLG
- HDR Picture Mode
- HLG Picture Mode
- Extreme Black
- Dynamic Black
- Brightness Mode
- Pure Engine Ultra Detail Mode
- Pure Engine Pure Contrast Mode
- Pure Engine Pure Color Mode
- Pure Engine Pure Motion Mode
- USB Power
- AV Mute
- Image AI
- PC Mode
- Super Wide
- Display Message on OSD
- Clear OSD Message
- Lens Memory
- Lens Shutter
Which projectors are supported?
This driver utilises the currently available settings from the Optoma universal API. Current and future projectors that adhere to this API will work with this driver.
Note that the CinemaX line of projectors are not supported. These do not have an API and can only be controlled via IFTTT or Alexa.
What cool things can i do with this driver?
- The driver has the ability to automatically send notifications on warnings and errors. This makes it easily for integrators to proactively service their customers when the projector is due for a bulb change or requires immediate attention.
- The driver has the ability to display custom onscreen messages for upto 30 characters. This is useful for notifying the user during movie playback of an event without disrupting the movie.
- On projectors that have lens memory you can recall these lens memory positions via the driver's programming commands. This is extremely useful if you combine it with something like the Chowmain Kaleidescape driver which can provide you with the aspect ratio feedback of the movie. Automate lens positions to suit the movie you are watching to ensure that 235 movies fit the screen perfectly without manual intervention!
- Have the screen blank or lens closed until certain conditions, like theatre curtains being fully opened, are met
- Custom button programming to change the 3D sync setting of the projector or have the projector automatically set a 3D sync option depending on the source
- Dynamically set the color temperature and picture modes depending on the input source
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Version 20210630- 30 June 2021
- Fixed issue with power on/power off for IP based control
Version 20210628 - 28 June 2021
- Initial Release