OS 2.9 introduced experience buttons. This allowed us to add icons to Control4's navigator user interface. It also allowed us to create what is called 'no control devices'. These devices when selected do not display any transport controls on the user interface.
Control4 has done a good job in making a few of the more common devices. We have utilised the no control experience buttons to integrate EVERY video game console ever made.
Combine it with the Chowmain Belkin WeMo Insight driver and have the system automatically turn on when the video game console powers up and have the whole system turn off when the console turns down.
The following video game consoles have been integrated.
- Arcade Games
- Atari 2600
- Atari 5200
- Atari 7800
- Atari Jaguar
- Microsoft Xbox
- Microsoft Xbox 360
- Microsoft Xbox One
- Microsoft Xbox Series S
- Microsoft Xbox Series X
- NEC PC Engine
- NEC TurboGrafx
- Nintendo Entertainment System
- Nintendo Famicom
- Nintendo Famicom Mini
- Nintendo NES Classic Mini
- Super Nintendo
- Nintendo 64
- Nintendo Gamecube
- Nintendo Wii
- Nintendo Wii U
- Nintendo Switch
- Philips CD-i
- Raspberry Pi
- Sega Master System
- Sega Master System II
- Sega Mega Drive
- Sega Genesis
- Sega Saturn
- Sega Dreamcast
- Sony Playstation
- Sony PSONE
- Sony Playstation 2
- Sony Playstation 3
- Sony Playstation 4
- Sony Playstation 5
- Sony PS Vita TV
- SNK Neo Geo
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- Make your customer's user interface nicer by adding the correct icons for their video game consoles.
- The icons when selected will switch to the correct input and will NOT display any controls.
- Combined with WeMo Insight Switches and our Belkin Wemo driver you can turn on the video game console using your controller and have Control4 automatically turn on the system to the right inputs. Turn off the console using the console's controller or power button and have Control4 automatically turn the room off. All of this is done via power sensing through the outlet.
Why do you only support OS 2.9 and above?
These drivers require a new proxy introduced in OS 2.9
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Do you offer other drivers?
We have hundreds of drivers. Many of which are manufacturer sponsored and free. Please visit our website to view all available drivers including FREE drivers.
Version #20221215 - 15-DEC-2022
- Update debugging and troubleshooting
Version #20210430 - 30-APR-2021
· Fixed issue with red Licence Expired icon displaying on licensed drivers
Version #20210119 - 19-JAN-2021
· Updated to new Driver Central licensing
Version #20201125 – 25-NOV-2020
· Updated driverCentral Licencing code
· Added Playstation 5
· Added Xbox Series S
· Added Xbox Series X
· Added Raspberry Pi
· Added Retropie
Version #20180831 - 31-AUG-2018
· Added Snes Classic and Nes Classic consoles
Version #20170710 - 10-JUL-2017
· Migrated to driverCentral.
Version #20161108 - 08-NOV-2016
· Initial Release