BenQ provide a universal serial rs232 API for their range of projectors. The Chowmain BenQ universal projector driver for Control4 provides seamless integration of BenQ projectors via this API and allows two way control & feedback over all the features you would expect with a projector.
Use this driver to pre-emptively service your customer should lamp hours exceed a threshhold you have set and more. Combine with our notification suite or 4sight to send a push notification or email when this event fires.
- Two way serial rs232 driver with full feedback of projector settings for use with Commands and Events
- Power management
- Source selection
- Monitoring of multiple lamp hours and Event firing
- Set up of the projector via Actions tab, like position, lamp mode, high altitude etc
- Configuration of the various pictures settings like picture mode, color temperature, 3D sync
- Adjustments to Sharpness, Brightness and Contrast settings
- Volume Control and Mute Control
- Lamp Control
Which projectors are supported?
This driver utilises the currently available settings from the BenQ's universal API. Current and future projectors that adhere to this API will work with this driver.
Why do you only support OS 2.6 and above?
OS 2.6 offers a superior security encryption algorithm and a new and improved driver format. We have decided to only utilise this new format to ensure that the integrity of this driver is not compromised and that we can provide the best dealer/user experience available.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Version #20211110 - 10-NOV-2021
- Update Debugging
Version #20211009 – 09-OCT-2021
- Fixed queue issue on 115200 baud version of the driver
Version #20211004 – 04-OCT-2021
- Update Debugging
Version #20210119 – 19-JAN-2021
- Updated to new Driver Central licensing
Version #225 - 14/1/2020
- added HDMI 3 input
Version #224 - 28/10/2019
⦁ Added HDBaseT input switching
⦁ Added additional anamorphic aspect ratios
Version #220 - 6/3/2019
⦁ added baud rate to the properties tab to make it clearer which driver is being used
Version #212 - 25/01/2019
· Migrated to driverCentral.