AMBIENT LIGHT MONITOR DRIVER BY DOMOSAPIENS
This driver enables you to leverage the ambient light sensors included with newer (GEN3) Control4 keypads, dimmers and switches.
Specifically, the following functions are available:
- Monitoring ambient light using a Control4 keypad/dimmer/switch device with an ambient light sensor
- The ability to set the limits of three flexible ambient lighting zones: ‘Dark’, ‘Medium’ and ‘Bright’
- Output contacts and event triggers are available based on the current ambient lighting zone
- Programming events are available based on the current ambient lighting zone
- The ability to ignore rapid ambient lighting transitions by using a ‘Transition Delay’
- The ability to disable the output contacts and events if one or more specific lights/televisions/projectors are On
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: using this driver could potentially cause increased ZigBee traffic as connected keypads report on their Ambient Light Level. The driver does not control when connected devices send ZigBee messages to report Ambient Light levels. You should therefore avoid using too many instances of this driver in your project (3 to 6 instances could be a maximum). Use only the minimum number required for your primary objective(s), such as detecting daylight, for example, in one or a few key areas of the house. In this case, one instance of this driver could be enough, connected to a strategically located keypad. Extensive reporting is available from this driver to evaluate the impacts and help monitor your installation.
10.0.0 Initial release (April 19, 2020)
10.1.0 Added passthrough connection for C4 thermostat and weekly data now kept after report (May 10, 2020)
10.2.0 Licensing update (September 5, 2020)
10.3.1 New Disabling Light Effect property, improved handling of transition and events, issues fixed (January 1, 2021)
10.4.0 Added command processing for compatibility with OS 3.2.2+