Control4 offers basic Mathematic operations on variables in the programming tab. This is limited to setting a value, randomizing a value, incrementing or decrementing values and setting to the value of another variable.
The Chowmain Variable Manipulator driver for Control4 provides variable manipulation capabilities for use in Control4 programming. This can be used to add multiple variables to a string or to perform more complex mathematical equations using one or more variables. This makes Control4 programming more flexible.
- Add 1 or more variables into a string (can be any variable including string, numbers, Boolean or device).
- Perform pretty much any form of math you want including complicated formulas.
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
This driver is useful in the following situations and much more.
- Showing text and 1 or more variables on the announcement agent (rather than just text or just the variable value).
- Adding multiple variables together or performing math on the variable.
- Formatting numbers into values that are more human friendly (eg percentages or fractions) for use in notifications, emails or announcements
Why do you only support OS 2.6 and above?
OS 2.6 offers a superior security encryption algorithm and a new and improved driver format. We have decided to only utilise this new format to ensure that the integrity of this driver is not compromised and that we can provide the best dealer/user experience available.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 7 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Version #20180809 – 09-AUG-2018
Added NUMBER_2 variable which is a string version of the NUMBER output
Version #20170710 - 10-JUL-2017
Migrated to driverCentral.
Version #20160217 - 17-FEB-2016
Initial Version Release