Control4 provides integration for 3rd party security systems. Unfortunately the integration is limited to select few panels. To combat this and provide integration for many more panels Chowmain has developed the generic security system driver. This driver utilizes low level relays and contacts to control and get feedback from a security panel. It also features a virtual keypad with definable security code for arm and disarm functionality from the Control4 user interface. Note that a security system installer is required to reconfigure the security panel.
- Feedback via contact closure
- Armed/Disarmed Feedback Contact (Closed armed/Opened disarmed)
- Alarm Trigger Contact (Pulsed when alarm triggered)
- Optional Fake Feedback
- Armed/Disarmed fake feedback upon virtual keypad arm/disarm.
- Used for showrooms with no security system installed for dealer demo purposes.
- Control via relay output
- Arm Trigger Relay (Pulsed to arm)
- Disarm Trigger Relay (Pulsed to disarm)
- Virtual Keypad - Multiple definable security codes in properties
- Armed to Home / Away (Both are the same)
- Enters Alarm State
- Invalid Code Entered
- Help Pressed
- 3 x Function Buttons
Security Panel Setup
This driver requires a security system to be setup with 2 contact closure inputs and 1 relay output.
- Setup the security panel output 1 to close when armed and open when disarmed.
- Setup the security panel output 2 to pulse when alarm is triggered.
- Setup the security panel input 1 to arm when pulsed.
- Setup the security panel input 2 to disarm when pulsed.
This driver provides people who have access to Composer Pro the ability to view the virtual security code for the system along with information about which contact sensors are used and which relays are used from the security system for arming and disarming.
As such this provides a security risk for the home owner. It is your duty as the installer to notify the customer that this diminishes the security of their security system and as such should only be used for extra convenience.
If the dealer decides that he is willing to accept the risks involved in installing this driver in a customer’s home. The dealer must provide the customer notice IN WRITING that risks outlined above and explain to the customer that it could affect the security of their home.
The dealer shall indemnify, hold harmless and defend Chowmain and any of its officers, employees or agents against all and any actions for any loss, damage, loss of life, injury to the person, consequential damages, pure economic loss or any other damage caused either in part or in whole by the installation of this software.
No liability will be accepted for any damages or losses to homes broken into due to this driver. If any liability is found the amount of damages payable by Chowmain is limited to $1.
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- Customer has a security system which has not been integrated via a high level interface (RS232, TCP/IP) into Control4.
- Customer has a low level security system with no high level interface.
- Are there any other cool things we can do with this driver?
- Dealer does not have a security system and wants to show how automated tasks could trigger upon arm or disarm of a security system.
- Customer does not have a security system but wants a holiday mode to be activated whilst away (note this is no replacement for a real security system).
Why do you only support OS 2.6 and above?
OS 2.6 offers a superior security encryption algorithm and a new and improved driver format. We have decided to only utilise this new format to ensure that the integrity of this driver is not compromised and that we can provide the best dealer/user experience available.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Version #20190308 – 08-MAR-2019
Added last state as a default state property
Version #20190307 – 07-MAR-2019
Added default state property. This is used when Director restarts. What state should the panel be in.
Version #20180202 – 02-FEB-2018
Fixed issue with variables not appearing.
Version #20170710 - 10-JUL-2017
Migrated to driverCentral.
Version #20150818 - 18-AUG-2015
Implemented Dealer Demo Licencing
Version #20150407 - 07-APR-2015
Resolved issue where logs on 2.6 systems would fill out controller storage causing system stability issues. This only effects systems where people have set the debug logs to 'print and log' or 'log' and have forgotten about it over longer periods of time.
Version #20140630- 30-JUN-2014
Added feature request - VIRTUAL_DISPLAY_TEXT variable. Used to set UI text via composer programming
Added feature request - composer programming commands for armed, disarmed and alarm for programatic feedback.
Added feature request - additional user codes and LAST_USER variable for programming.
Resolved issue with multiple user disarm and arm
Version #20140415 - 15-APR-2014