Control4 supplies the wireless outlet switch that makes any household plug-in device, like lamps, appliances and electronics part of the Control4 system by turning a standard outlet into a smart outlet.
Unfortunately this device is not available to the majority of the world as it only supports 120VAC voltage for US plug type devices.
Introducing the D-Link Smart Plug. It has plug types for different regions and is extremely affordable. This WiFi based power outlet supports up to 10amps (100-240VAC) and can be easily integrated into the Control4 home automation system using the Chowmain D-Link Smart Plug driver.
- Auto discovery of D-Link Smart Plug device on the network
- Auto update of IP address upon change
- Abilty to connect driver to outlet light or relay device drivers which in turn allows you to view the correct icon on navigator interface or even eliminate standby power on AV based devices.
- Ability to connect driver to keypad buttons (with LED feedback) to allow for quick on/off/toggle programming
- On/Off feedback from the device.
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- In many parts of the world you cannot purchase the Control4 outlet switch. As such you cannot easily integrate floor lamps, bedside table lights, fans, electric heaters, towel rails, etc easily. This driver fills in the gap to integrate these devices into the Control4 system.
- This driver allows connection to the Control4 outlet light driver and any relay based binding. As such you can get the correct icon on your navigator and also bind it to your AV device to minimise standby power.
- This driver allows connection to any Control4 keypad for ease of use programming.
What hardware will this work on?
This driver will work with the following plugs. It will not work for newer plugs.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go.
- Updated to new Driver Central licensing