Tuya enabled products are everywhere. You may not recognise the name but the technology is embedded in many brands for off the shelf home automation / IoT solutions that you can find at your local Home Depot, Walmart, Bunnings, K-Mart, Costco and other retailers.
Tuya provides a leading global IoT platform that enables manufacturers, brands, OEMs and retail chains to develop one-stop smart home solutions. To-date, Tuya has empowered 384,000 developers in over 220 countries and regions who are delivering over 410,000 Powered by Tuya products, ranking the first in the industry, including lighting, appliances, entertainment and security solutions.
The Chowmain Tuya agent integrates Tuya enabled devices into Control4 for bi-directional control and feedback.
Chowmain has integrated the Wifi Tuya enabled Smart Home products into Control4 with two way control and feedback. This provides affordable easy to retrofit solutions for a wide range of devices from a variety of brands that utilise the Tuya architecture for bi-directional control and feedback.
- Bi-directional control / feedback
- Supported Device Types Include
- CLIMATE - These are HVAC based devices which can include thermostats, split systems, wall furnaces, portable air conditioners, oil heaters and more providing the ability to change HVAC modes, humidity, fan speeds and setpoints with room temperature feedback.
- BLINDS - These are up, down, stop based devices which can include blinds, curtains and projection screens
- FAN - These are multi speed fan devices which can include ceiling fans, tower fans and floor fans.
- LIGHT - These are lighting products which can include on/off lighting loads, dimmable loads and RGB/W loads such as on-wall switches/dimmers, bulbs, strips, spotlights, garden lights, Christmas lights and more. Setting of LED colors is also supported
- SWITCH - These are on/off devices which can include relays, on/off lighting loads, smart plugs, power boards, air purifiers, aroma diffusers, kettles, robot vacuum cleaners and more.
- GENERIC - Support for "Utility"/Generic devices which collect information, or allow access
- The agent logs into your Tuya account scans all available devices.
- Auto polls for feedback every 220 seconds. Control is instantaneous. For faster poll rates, subscription services are available from Tuya
- Supports OEM manufacturer apps (not just Tuya and Smart Life apps)
What cool products can i integrate with Tuya?
- Robot Vacuum cleaners can start and return to charger with a simple on/off control (using the SWITCH driver).
- Blind automation is now more affordable than even thanks to the numerous tuya enabled curtain rails, blind motors, blind controllers and more reducing the price of shading down dramatically.
- Air purifier (PM2.5) based integration is now possible with on/off control.
- Smart Kettles can now be controlled!
- Outdoor IR Patio Heaters can now be controlled.
Where can i buy Tuya enabled products?
Many of these products are available to purchase from onshelf / online retailers such as
- Best Buy
- Sam's Club
- and others
Note that these are not branded as Tuya but may contain the powered by Tuya logo on it.
What brands utilise Tuya?
Tuya has over 90,000 product SKUs with 500 types of products servicing 220 countries around the world with over 180,000 brand partners. Brand partners include (but not limited to)
- Brilliant SMART
- CE Smart Home
- Connect SmartHome
- Commercial Electric
- Curv 360
- Eva Logik
- Home Awesome
- LE LampUX
- Martin Jerry
- Starfish by SATCO
- TCP Smart
Additional brands can be found via the link below
Are there any other important things to note?
- The driver only supports wifi based Tuya products at the moment. Zigbee, IR and Bluetooth devices are not supported.
- V2 of the Tuya Driver offers many benefits over the original driver, including access to a wider range of functionality using variables, increased feedback performance (with the option to subscribe to Tuya Cloud services to further increase the performance to realtime speeds) and support using the official API which offers long term support.
- V1 and V2 drivers are NOT intercompatible. New V2 Devices will need to be reconfigured in Control4
- Note This is built as a Control4 Agent and will only work on Control4 OS 3.2.0 and above.
- Note This solution is cloud based and as such requires an active internet connection for operation. The latest information on maximum supported devices and pricing is available on: https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot/membership-service?id=K9m8k45jwvg9j
- This is built as a Control4 Agent and will only work on Control4 OS 3.1.3 and above.
- This solution is cloud based and as such requires an active internet connection for operation.
- Not all commands are exposed. However, almost all are accessible using read/write variables via programming or by combining drivers
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
- Add Select Driver From List for greater usability (All Drivers)
Version 20210901-1 (BETA)
- Beca Climate devices present incorrect temperature information. Provide workaround
- Some devices may not have an exposed thermostat. Allow installers to show the target temperature instead as the current temperature
Version 20210901 (BETA)
- Add Humidity Capabilities in Climate Driver (Requires Controller restart if upgrading from previous Beta)
- Default Poll Rate is now 220
Version 20210827 (BETA)
- Fix LUA Error during some invalid connections
- Fix Token system (Intermittent Sign Invalid errors).
Version 20210816 (BETA)
- Minor Bug Fixes
Version 20210813 (BETA)
- Don't override blank codes. Only auto set codes once. All drivers.
- Further Improvements to JSON Handling. Treat command as instantaneous to rectify Color Lighting issues, where someone may change different values of HSV before the previous has been processed. If command ends up failing, revert to the last known value
- Fix Enhanced button links in various drivers
- v2 driver rewrite from scratch. Not compatible with original driver. Needs full reinstall due to architectural change and new API released. Note old API will be deprecated.
- Fixed issue with lighting scenes for on/off lighting devices for on scenes.
- Fixed state feedback for RGBW driver.
- Added support for beca thermostats (the math is different)
- Fixed advanced lighting scenes for lighting drivers.
- Fixed issue with toggle command for RGBW driver.
- Fixed issue with get connected state and get light level for lighting drivers.
- Initial Release