New and Improved driver!
The Control4 Home Automation system can control nearly all aspects of a customer’s smart home, including security. Security is extremely important for any homeowner, and smart doorbells offer several features to maintain a safe and secure home. DoorBird is the industry standard for smart doorbells, with top-of-the-line cameras, real-time notifications, and video playback. Installing a DoorBird system in your customers’ home gives homeowners peace of mind knowing that their property is protected. With the DoorBird driver, customers can easily and conveniently see who is at the door, grant or deny access to their home by triggering a smart lock through the DoorBird app, and playback surveillance video all in the Control4 interface.
This driver is a complete overhaul of the previous DoorBird driver, offering new features, capabilities, and icons. The DoorBird driver integrates DoorBird systems into Control4 so customers can access security features through their smart home control system. Customers can receive alerts when motion is detected at the door, when someone rings the doorbell, when a code is used on the smart lock, and more. New icons show the states of the DoorBird, visually communicating that motion has been detected, when the doorbell rings, if the doorbell has been silenced, and more. Without switching apps, homeowners can answer calls from their doorbell and talk to who is at the door as well as unlock the door from Control4.
- Doorstation Integration including intercom support on Control4 touchscreens
- 2-Way audio with Control4 touchscreens and the DoorBird
- Camera Popup on Touchscreens!
- Doorbell Announcement through home speakers
- Open Smart Doorlock from Doorbird app
- Fully integrated camera into Control4 on any Control4 interface (using Camera Proxy)
- PoE or Wi-Fi integration
- Doorbell and Motion detection from within the driver, no extra wires needed!
- Turn on the Light at the doorstation
- Simple setup/integration
- BirdGuard Integration (Including SIP)
- DoorBird management area via the Lock Proxy
- 5 Touchscreens now supported simultaneously!
- New and improved event management system
- Streamlined installation
- Custom Icon on Control4 interfaces
- Silence the doorbell for 2 hours by double-clicking icon in Control4
This driver is compatible with Control4 2.9.1 or higher. A strong network connection is required to effectively utilize this driver.
What makes this driver different?
This driver is a complete overhaul of the original driver and contains TONS of new features and installation tools that enhance integration.
Do I need to upgrade my customers home?
It is recommended but not required.
Will I have to pay more for this driver?
No – ALL existing and new licenses will work with this version. Just add the new driver in the project and you are good to go!
Will the new driver automatically update the previous drivers?
Yes, this driver supports the DriverCentral Auto Update system, which will update previous versions of drivers purchased on DriverCentral. The new driver contains some new interfaces into Control4. Because of this, auto update from the old driver (1005 or 8.x.x) will NOT auto update. In these cases, the dealer will need to delete and add this driver in place. Don't worry though... It's much faster and simpler to install and we recommend updating if you haven't already!
Why do I need to install the driver instead of simply updating?
Because new driver has new Proxies, an update would corrupt the Control4 project. Therefore, you will need to install the new DoorBird driver. The new driver filename is: doorbirdV2.c4z.
Will the new driver software work with originally installed Doorbird models?
How is this unit controlled?
This unit is controlled IP locally.
Why can I not enter my username ‘gxxxxx0001’ into the new driver?
DoorBird has changed the requirements for authentication and now only user 0002 can be used with Control4. Please review the documentation for more.
I've lost my Digital Passport page... what do I do?
You will need to factory reset the unit, which will issue a new Digital Passport. You can find the reset function in the settings of your DoorBird App. Please make sure to bring your DoorBird online via ethernet cable. The iOS or Android smartphone/tablet must be in the same network as your DoorBird in order to perform the reset.
How many touchscreens can view the video at one time?
The driver now supports 5 T3 touchscreens at once! This is activated/deactivated via the Alternate Camera property under the intercom.
I have 8 T3 touchscreens and 1 table top T3- how does the 5 screen limit work in this environment?
The video will only come up after the call has been accepted by the touchscreen.
I see a new icon on the touchscreens, what does this do?
There are two properties in the driver that correspond to tapping the DoorBird icon: Relay and Silence. Simply choose the best action that fits your clients’ needs.
What is Silence?
Silence is a mode that will block touchscreen (SIP) and announcements from triggering in a Control4 system. If Silence is activated, a two-hour timer is started and will revert to the original settings after timer expires. This feature is great for parents with young children who do not want the doorbell disturbing nap time or clients who want to ‘unplug’ from the outside world for awhile.
Is it possbile to allow the client to change to door chime sound themselves? (eg: Halloween- Spooky sounds, Christmas- Holiday music)
This is not currently a feature of the driver, but we will look at adding this feature.
Can I trigger the relay inside the DoorBird?
Yes – to trigger the relay inside the DoorBird, choose whatever relay you are wanting to control (relay 1, relay 2, etc.) under the Events/Actions and choose what happens.
Do I need to set DHCP reservation?
While you should set this, the driver has been designed to update if the IP address of the Control4 or DoorBird changes.
- Note: SIP uses IP addresses and unexpected results may occur to the SIP server if IP addresses change.
What settings can the customer change on the DoorBird from the Control4 App?
A customer can:
- view the past 50 events
- enable/disable doorbell announcements
- change what happens when the icon is pushed
These features are available via the Lock proxy (Under Locks and Sensors).
Does the icon single and double tap setting in the app override what was done in composer?
Both Lock Proxy Setting adjustments or Driver Properties are in sync all the time.
Do the push notifications include a camera snapshot?
Control4 is working on adding this into their API. When available, Cinegration Development will update the driver to support this.
So the lock proxy has nothing to do with door locks, right?
The lock proxy is a user management/lock management tool. The DoorBird can control many doorlocks and we felt the best way to operate those and provide the customer some really awesome history and settings controls was using the lock proxy. Currently, Control4 only allows access to the door lock via lock icon. If this changes in the future, we will update the driver.
Are you going to have buttons on the new Control4 intercom app like the DS2 has?
Intercom Buttons are displayed/hidden via the Intercom: Button property. Choose a lock or setting for each button and refresh navigators. the buttons will display/hide automatically.
Can the Doorbird IO be used on a control4 system without a Doorbird Doorbell?
When turning on/off the notifications button on the c4 gui, do we still create the notification programming and add the customer's cell syntex .txt within the c4 programming?
There is no need to do extra programming. The driver takes care of all the notifications to the Control4 Push Server. The customer must enable notifications on their phone via customer.control4.com
What happens if two users on two different devices attempt to answer a call from the DoorBird at the same time?
The DoorBird App will override a touchscreen call.
What is the best way to update the DoorBirds firmware?
Firmware updates are sent out by DoorBird as they become available. The Current version is 112. If you have a unit that is still running an older version, please send the MAC address to Andrew.email@example.com and I will have the update pushed to the unit.
Is it possible to update the DoorBirds firmware from the driver?
Not by the user. If you need the firmware please email DoorBird at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you static the DoorBird ip inside the DoorBird app? I've had trouble with the DoorBird while its ip is reserved in the router.
There isn’t a way to static the doorbird ip. The new driver supports IP address changing automatically.
Will zdb video work with wireless Touch Screen?
Will the driver work with a multi-home doorbird?
Yes. Note: The control4 system and any touchscreens MUST be on the same LAN.
Is there a limitation as to how many devices it can push notifications to?
This would be a limitation of myHome devices on Control4. The driver sends the push notification to Control4 server, and the server handles the distribution of the notification.
Does the driver work with Wireless Touch Screens and/or the DoorBird app?
The Drivers works with all Control4 MyHome devices and Control4 T2 and T3 touchscreens.
You can use 0003 as well, right?
The driver only works with user 0002. Refer to driver documentation for more exciting info on doorbird users.
What is the default password?
Passwords are managed by the DoorBird app.
Can you connect to a doorbird off network? (I.E., trigger events based on a DoorBird at a secondary home)? Can you manually type in an IP address, or is it only auto-scanned "Found DoorBirds"?
Currently cloud based/push notification from one doorbird to another location is not supported.
Are there still issues with doorbirds behind a managed switch?
This was fixed in doorbird firmware 103
If using a DS Mini in combination with a Doorbird stationm will both be able to work together?
This driver allows you to go to security via c4 gui and see the camera live as well as your house cameras correct?
Have you had success increasing speaker volume without distortion? It would seem that 50% is the best it will do.
Cinegration Development and DoorBird are always working to improve audio quality. We will test and update if needed.
If a Doorbird goes offline, is there is a way to know through notification?
The driver will send a push notification (Alert Level) DoorBird is Offline.
On the setup, do we have to setup the proxies or only the main driver?
Only the main driver. The main driver will ‘push’ the settings to the slave proxy drivers automatically.
Can you still bind actions FROM the native doorbird app? (ex: using the light icon in the doorbird app to trigger a light through C4) This was possible in the old driver, but I haven't seen it in this one.
Yes. Under the properties, and set an action on -> Intercom: Button 1 and 2. Once they have actions assigned, refresh navigators and they will appear.
Can I use the relay trigger to open a Yale lock somewhere else in the house?
Yes, use the Events Menu, choose relay 1 and select your yale doorlock. This will TOGGLE the yale doorlock every time the relay 1 event is triggered.
I'm running 2.10.2 and in the doorbird tab settings under locks and sensors, my bottom 4 selections under Use Push Notifications just say "text"
Control4 has a Navigator, but on the Android lock proxy that causes properties to be shown incorrectly. Until this is fixed, the custom settings page only works on iOS.
Is motion masking only done from the DoorBird app?
Where can I get support if I have an issue?
If you have questions or issues with the driver or integration, please go to https://help.drivercentral.io and submit a ticket.
Do you offer showroom discounts?
All Cinegration Development drivers support the DriverCentral showroom project.
Can I try this driver out before buying it?
All Cinegration Development drivers for Control4 come with a 7-day trial. Simply add the DriverCentral licensing driver along with this driver and you can fully test the driver before purchasing.
Watch this video to see how the DoorBird driver adds simplicity and convenience to your smart home system!
View the DoorBird Webinar Here.
Driver is provided by Cinegration Development LLC. All rights reserved.
No posts found
Driver: DoorBird V2 Integration Driver
Compatible Control4 Systems: 2.9.1+
Compatible Hardware: D101, D2101V, D2102V, D2103V, D21DKV, D21DKH, D2101BV, D2102BV, D2103BV,D203, BirdGuard, DoorBird IP DoorChime, DoorBird I/O Door Controller
Developed by: Cinegration LLC. www.cinegration.com/drivers
Change Log: Please visit https://www.drivercentral.io
- DoorBird Setup (App)
- Log into DoorBird App, Go to Administration and sign into the DoorBird
- Create user 0002 (example: gxyddsa0002)
- Set NAME (COMMENT) to sip
- Enable all permissions for this user
- Press Save
- Control4 Driver Setup
- Add Agents to project
- History Agent
- Navigation Agent (Optional)
- Push Notification Agent (Optional)
- Communication Agent (Req. for touchscreen/sip)
- Announcement Agent (Optional)
- Add Lock Motor and bind to relay (IMPORTANT!!!)
- Create Doorbell Announcement with Agent
- Enter username and password into driver
- Driver will begin setting up communication with DoorBird
- Refresh Navigators
- Event Actions/Management
- After the driver successfully links to the DoorBird, use the drop-down menu (Event: User or Event) and select the event you want to program
- Set Announcement and settings for events
Offline: Driver is not setup or cannot communicate with hardware
Normal: Driver is working
Doorbell has rung
Relay has been triggered
Silenced. When this state is active, Doorbell and Motion announcements
DoorBird hardware supports two methods for communicating to the unit. Through the DoorBird app and through SIP. SIP is a communication method to ring/call touchscreens on a Control4 system. The DoorBird registers to the sip server (Control4 Director) and when the doorbell button is pressed, the driver sends a command to the DoorBird to make a ‘call’ to a call group. By default, the call group used is All touchscreens. This can be adjusted using the event settings in the driver.
By default, SIP is designed to have the video come AFTER the call is answered. Because of this design of SIP, Cinegration has worked with DoorBird to support up to 5 touchscreens with video preview (T3 Touchscreens only… InfinityEdge Touchscreens use older MJPEG and only 2 touchscreens will work). The video preview is accomplished by using the Alternate Camera setting. This setting tells the driver to use a different video stream than what comes with the sip call. This is automatically setup when the driver is installed, and most dealers should not need to adjust any settings. However, if dealers need to customize the integration, click on the intercom proxy under System Design and adjust the settings of the DoorBird.
Lock Proxy/DoorBird Management:
New to the V2 driver, Cinegration has added in the ability for homeowners to adjust some of the settings, see history and add/change users on the DoorBird all through the Control4 system. This is done via the Lock proxy which can be utilized by clicking the > next to the lock that is bound to the DoorBird.
Settings that can be adjusted:
Silence DoorBird for 2 Hours:
There are times when a customer may want to temporarily disable the announcements and touchscreen call. By default, double-tapping the icon will put the driver into Silence mode for 2 hours. When this happens, announcements, composer actions, intercom calls will be turned off. The DoorBird app will continue to work. Double-tapping the icon again will turn the actions back on.
Integrating Lock Control:
In order to integrate lock control with the Doorbird please follow the instructions in this link: https://help.drivercentral.io/159265-Doorbird-Lock-Control-Setup
The driver supports automatic push notification using the Control4 app. This will send notifications to be registered MyHome devices. For notifications to work, homeowners must have the Control4 app on the phone and notifications enabled (see below)
Configure Customer.Control4.com Account:
1. Go to customer.control4.com to log into customer account.
2. Once logged in go to “My Notifications” under “My Devices"
3. Select a mobile device you want to receive notifications on.
4. These devices are all devices that have been connected to the customer account using the Control4 App.
5. Configure specific areas category and severity of notifications.
6. “Save” configuration before continuing.
Notifications used in Driver:
- Informational Level: Motion, Driver State is Normal
- Alert Level: Doorbell, Relay, Offline events
- Critical Level: None
Cinegration has developed a unique way to adjust actions for the driver. The list below explains each action:
- Event: Display Name -> The name of the event for Control4 notifications
- Notify: Composer Event -> This setting will enable or disable any dealer created Composer Actions for this event.
- Notify: Execute Announcement -> Shows a list of current announcements. Choose an announcement or nothing to disable
- Notify: Call Group -> The touchscreen call group that should be triggered when event is triggered
- Notify: Trigger Relay or Lock -> Choose a lock or trigger a composer action when this event happens. If using a smart lock (Yale, Kwikset), this binds to the lock relay and sends a TOGGLE command to the lock. If lock type is Pulse, command will be TRIGGER. This notification is only visible for user and rfid style events
Current known Limitations:
Cinegration is working with manufacture and Control4 to resolve. When a resolution is found, an update to the driver will be provided via DriverCentral update system.
- EA class controllers do not see camera. (Fixed DoorBird Firmware: 111)
- Android interfaces, do not show correct settings under lock proxy.
By default, motion events are now recorded by the driver. On older D1xx models, the camera is highly sensitive and by default motion is disabled in DoorBird app. To enable, log into the administration side of the DoorBird and enable motion
DoorBird App Notes:
A brief explanation on users with the DoorBird should be understood before implementing a DoorBird solution to your customer. The DoorBird by default has 2 users. These are represented by the last 4 numbers of the username. Example: gyxeda0001 would be user 1 (Homeowner). Homeowners should use user 0001, 0003, 0004, or higher. User 0000 should be saved in dealer documentation and ONLY be used for configuration of the DoorBird. User 0000 does NOT receive notifications (doorbell push, motion detected etc…). User 0002 must be added and is designed to be used for 3rd party integration. DO NOT THROW AWAY DIGITAL PASSPORT that comes with the DoorBird. There are at least 2 copies that come with every unit. It is recommended that the dealer give the English or version of the correct language to the customer and keep the other on file.
About Driver Notes:
This driver contains code written by Cinegration LLC. Any modification to this driver without the express written permission or without the express consent by Cinegration will void all warranties, constitute a ban on all drivers released by Cinegration and potentially legal action.
This driver has been designed to work with Control4 2.9.1 and higher Control4 systems.
Cinegration strives to provide fully working drivers without defects. However, changes and bugs may be found. Because of this, any bug/maintenance update to this driver will be free of charge. However, due to the ever-changing nature of computer and audio/video systems, if a new version of the Control4® software creates issues with this driver, or feature enhancements, an upgrade version will be provided for an additional expense or free as determined by Cinegration.
- 1018 (7.2019)
- Fixed issue where some doorbirds were not creating an event for a doorbell press
- 1017 (5.2019)
- Fixed issue where triggering relays from control4 would not always work (different proxy types). Relay proxy will now receive a close, then open notification when a relay is triggered on the doorbird.
- Fixed issue where lua errors would happen if schedule of a user code was not 24/7
- Updated Polling Module to inlclude reset of sip if settings are not correct
- Added support for Chime and Door I/O controller
- Improvements for future integrations
- Fixed issue where changes in user code schedule was not being saved
- 1012 (4.2019)
- Improved Sip communication and setup handling
- Improved relay names/properties inside driver (DoorBird Relay 1)
- Added simulate doorbird doorbell press to Control4 programming
- Fixed issue where events were not being loaded into driver on reboot
- Added intercom actions for Composer Programming
- Added build number to Firmware property
- Updated to support BirdGuard
- 1007 (6.8.2018)
- Fixed issue where announcement agent was installed, but no announcements found
- Updates for DoorBird firmware 112
- General performance updates to driver loading
- Updated JSON decoding
- Updated to support 2.9.1 systems
- Fixed issue with motion event having extra space at end of event
- Added support for auto creation of events for doorbell and motion if they do not exist
- Updated to support HTTPS
- General driver improvements
- Added support for AutoLock driver into lock scanning
- Intercom: Button programming will now show/hide the button automatically
- Added Check for proper permissions to setup
- Added Rebooting of doorbird (requires 112 firmware)
- Updated doorbell press notification message to devicename has been pressed
- Added DoorBird IR enable for 3 minutes on Intercom and Composer Action
1000 (5.1.2018) - Inital Release