Freesat is a British free-to-air satellite television service, provided by joint venture between the BBC and ITV plc. The service was formed as a memorandum in 2007 and has been marketed since 6 May 2008. Freesat offers a satellite alternative to the Freeview service on digital terrestrial television, with a broadly similar selection of channels available without subscription for users purchasing a receiver.
The Chowmain Freesat Channels driver is designed to replace the existing RF_CABLE cloud driver to automatically get the latest channels from Freesat including channel numbers, names, icons, currently playing information and more.
- Updates data every 10 minutes
- Channel Numbers
- Channel Names
- Channel Logos
- Currently playing data for each channel
- Synopsis, duration, ratings for each channel
Ability to choose channel logo or now playing artwork for browse view
Ability to turn off synopsis for quicker playback
- Selects the first unused Freesat box or compatible TV available in that particular room or if a Freesat box or compatible TV is in use in that room will send the channel to that box.
- Programatically select a channel for playback in a particular room.
Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver?
- Channel surfing is now easier than ever with Control4.
- Programatically select a channel. Tie the programming to a keypad on the wall, schedule or more.
What Freesat driver will this work with?
This driver is designed as a replacement RF_CABLE driver and will work with any Freesat box or compatible TV driver with a RF_CABLE binding. It is recommended that you obtain a compatible driver from the Control4 online database.
What hardware will this work on?
This driver has been tested to work on the following navigators
- Onscreen Navigator
Do you offer showroom discounts?
We offer dealers a free showroom licence for demonstration and educational purposes. See link below for T&C's and signup procedure.
I want to try this driver out before buying it?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 90 day trial. Just add the driverCentral licencing driver and this driver and you're good to go. No registration required.
Version #20210119 - 19-JAN-2021
- Updated to new Driver Central licensing
Version #20200910 – 10-SEP-2020
- API changed. Fixed.
Version #20200410 – 10-APR-2020
- Daylight savings fix
Version #20200312 – 12-MAR-2020
- Fixed issue with certain local channel numbers not working
Version #20200311 – 11-MAR-2020
- Improvements for Neeo remote (won't auto select leaf node due to addition of new list_no_autoselect capability).
Version #20190114 - 14-JAN-2019
- Initial Version